Movies Film Thread

Some films should never have 3rd films.

Classic sequels that should never of been triquels.

First blood , Rambo
Rocky, Rocky 2
Home alone, home alone 2

Even taken 2 was questionable.

Same with Jaws and the Matrix. Leave awesome well alone.Sometimes even sequels are a mistake.

I fear for Avatar.

I fear for Avatar.

Given the first one was complete shite I have no hope at all of the sequel.

The last Rocky film, where he played an old man making a come back against some young buck, was quite good although I've never seen any of the first films in the series.

Last edited:
1 and 2 rocky films were cinematic pure gold they were beyond anything in their era. They weren't just boxing films they were introspective takes on deprivation in philidephia. They were deep emotive films about life and not just boxing. Boxing was the way out.

The rocky films after 'Rocky' were cash cows. For the sake of film artestry should of stopped at 2. Agreed cider_and_toast 3 and even 4 had there moments but if it had ended at 'rocky' the film franchise would have ended with a reverence reserved for the like of the godfather and Back to the Future. Now rocky has been diluted from the great start it had.

And it's the same story about First Blood. The film looked at how hard it was for some Vietnam vets to adjust to life back in the US after the war. If you remember John Rambo just wanted to see a friend from his old unit but when he's told by the sheriff to move on as he's not welcome, he reacts in the only way he knows how.

How that story became a one man demolition of Afghanistan is anyones guess?

As long as we have no 'fridge' repeats and an ending that is relatively plausable this time we should be ok.

Harrison Ford will probably be 80 by the time this movie is released. Kudos to him.

Based on my ranking patterns, the next movie will be at least acceptable.

Raiders of the Lost Ark 5 stars
Temple of Doom 3 stars
The Last Crusade 4 stars
Kingdom of Crystal Skull 1 star

I watch Welcome to Collinwood the other night, what a gentle, witty, interesting film. I'd thoroughly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

I watched an animated film the other day, featuring amongst others the voice of Johnnie Depp. It was on one of those TV channel things, which are now so numerous, that I have no idea which channel it was...
... It was on the TV though! Of that I'm certain.
I really enjoyed it. It was funny, witty, completely escapist. Took my mind off reality... and it was funny.

Anyway, whilst we have them all distracted, I'll tell you which film it was...
It was Rango.

The wife and I found time to watch our first film in ages on Saturday. We chose Ant Man which is a Marval film.

It was brilliant. I'm not normally into that comic book thing but this film was action packed, didn't take itself too seriously but still had some dark bits but plenty to laugh about as well. Highly recommended. Oh and Michael Douglas was very good.

Well I've just been to see Star Trek: Beyond. It's Star Trek, Chris Pine is no William Shatner but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom