Movies Film Thread

I have a bunch of films on a networked drive that can be accessed by anyone with the right app on their phone or tablet. With an Apple TV box (or no doubt other media server) you can then ping these straight to your TV from your phone, to watch in their full glory. If anyone wants access just let me know privately - I'll need to supply a unique code to give you access and don't want that on the 'open forum' for obvious reasons.

It's a Western Digital drive, the mobile app is called 'My Cloud' (link here). Attached is a doc listing all the films. The sub-categories are:

70s
Coen Brothers
Documentaries
TV (Folders with series)
Various
Westerns

Caveats:
• You can't download the films with the app, only view, and only via mobile devices, not desktops.
• I use Apple TV to ping to the TV so can only advise on that route, there will be other routes no doubt.
• The list may not include your favourites - tough!
• I've shared this with a few friends who watch now and again. Some have experienced buffering a few times, most have not. I can't control this.

NB: just realised that this very message may be breaking certain file-sharing rules for the CTA website. Apologies if so. Await reprimand / fine / exclusion / one race ban.

Attachments

• Film_list_Nov_16.doc
    28 KB · Views: 128
Disney have gone all dark for their the next Cars film. I haven't sen either of the previous Cars films, they're for kids right??

Bring it on, a dark version of all previous Disney films please.

I watched Lauda: The Untold Story last night. Apart from some great footage from candid interviews with the young Lauda - pre and post accident - it was a bit of a messy production. Dodgy dance music over amateur edits, odd voice-over tone at times and subtitles that dance around the screen. At one point there's some footage of Hunt and he's over-dubbed into German, with English subtitles in his place! Annoying coz he had an interesting voice, and it wasn't consistent with other English speaking parts in the film. The story then segways into a long section on driver safety, that we've seen and heard hundreds of times before. Hardly 'untold'.

Most of this film should have remained untold, although the bits with the yong Lauda, and his Ferrari on track are superb.

I've just watched what must have been a fairly low budget British horror film called The Lesson. If you get the chance try and watch it. It takes a while to get going but it's worth it.

Disney have gone all dark for their the next Cars film. I haven't sen either of the previous Cars films, they're for kids right??

Bring it on, a dark version of all previous Disney films please.

No vintly they're not for kids only. The brilliant thing about both films is their appeal to all age groups, you really should see both. The imaging keeps kids laughing from beginning till the end, the dialogue is aimed at an adult audience and goes over the heads of kids. An example, and this is not a spoiler, is Mater the tow truck's first helicopter ride. A big grin on his face as he says "I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park". Very much adult humour missed by most kids watching, they'll be laughing at the images you'll be laughing at the dialogue which is true of both films. Love them both, I'm sure you would too. :)

image.jpeg

Yep, only £3.50 at Cinderford Palace last weekend :)

I enjoyed it.
Funny how they almost slow down the modern pace of blockbusters with the Star Wars franchise; probably trying to recreate the original vibe but I appreciate it.
That or just not very good (joking) :)

It was a couple of nights back, the first 30 mins or so I was thinking "oh no, this is really quite lame" but then it just kept getting better...and better...and better...
...until it was the BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS!

Don't spoil it.

I have so many questions:

Does Darth Vadar survive?
Do the rebels get the death star plans?
Do the empire successfully build the death star?

And what about those Bothen spies !!

Its all too much. :dizzy:

Just get out there and watch it.
Do it today: You don't need to buy any more Christmas stuff.
You'll never get through tomorrow without hearing spoilers :'(

And what about those Bothen spies !!

See this is a common mistake. Many Bothan spies did die to bring the rebellion this information but the information they brought was about the location and the state of the 2ND Death Star in Return of the Jedi. This movie is about the theft of the original plans for the original Death Star, therefore there is no mention of the furry goat like Bothans.

Sorry cider_and_toast but I am strong with the force and the force is strong with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom