F1 World Champions analysis

TN23

Rookie
I have knocked up a spreadsheet on the records of our 32 world champions in F1. Here is a few points to note:

• I have used a standardised scoring system, which is the current system (25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1)
  • I have recorded stats regarding overall career, a brakdown per team, and a breakdown per season
  • 'PPR'- This is the points per race start for each driver based upon the current scoring system
  • On the 'season breakdown' sheet, I have included 'championship score' and 'dropped score' columns so that the points in each season are applicable to the rules at that time
  • '5/F7'- This means the best five from the first seven races count towards the world championship score. Similarly, '5/L7' means that the best five from the last seven count towards the world championship. '11' means that the best eleven scores count towards world championship totals.

Attachments

Thanks for that. Keke won't be best pleased...

I'm intrigued to see Jensen* Button is averaging more points per race this season than he did when he won the championship in 2009 (taking the whole year). Quite startling.

*This is how the FIA are spelling it now in their official communiques, ok?

Keke never really had a world championship winning car (including the car he actually won in). That early part of his career, and the dreadful early Williams-Hondas would have brought his average down somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom