F1 TV coverage

It will give an interesting counter point. I wonder if Sky have plans for Formula E and the WEC at some point?

Why do I get the impression I might find end up finding that more fun to watch than the F1?

you know 2010 i actually enjoyed indycars more than F1 wouldve had as my fav series above F1. as sacrilegious as it sounds. because from what ive read as not seen it since 2012. they slashed the downforce & makes the cars follow great

FB Formula E no. because the owners are desperate to keep it free to air & WEC i think the le mans 24hr to previous to the discovery group that own eurosport. & F1 wouldn't be able to show it entirely as normally clashes with F1

Last edited:
Normally clashes with F1!?!! Only if Bernie throws a wobbley because other people played with his toys! Let Mans never clashes with F1 - or should never clash with F1.

Sounds like they'll be a while bunch of us now able to watch it. Maybe an Indy 2019 thread is needed?

Do we think Sky have gone and got it back because McLaren and Alonso are in it this year?

RasputinLives 1st point. I thought I always remember that F1 always used to clash with mointreal & then later Baku. if I remember rightly the last clash was in 2016 but didnt 2018 or 19 provisional calendar got amended because of the fans & media being upset

2nd point without a shadow of a doubt, no doubt they were pretty unhappy that BT had the rights in 2017 & got a peak audience of 200,000 as Alonso raced. so when IndyCar decided to take their international tv rights internally . sky saw their chance & pounced

If I want to view all races on my laptop while traveling, what services should I then purchase? Monitoring flow of data is one (old) thing, but I want to see the same what others see on their TV screens.

Cricket is a very cheap sport to get into playing. As a result many of the top players have been from working class homes so I do not get your implication that it is a game for toffs. F1, yes, cricket, no.
Cheap? Could we then offer this sport as a viable alternative to some teams in current F1?

If I want to view all races on my laptop while traveling, what services should I then purchase? Monitoring flow of data is one (old) thing, but I want to see the same what others see on their TV screens.

if you were in England i would try for £10 offer as the sky go would help. but outside of the uk im unsure

hope this helps
Screenshot_20190302-154913.jpg

Lewis Hamilton has now spoken some sense, and criticised the move to F1 sitting behind a paywall:
Hamilton: F1's reduced free-to-air TV presence doesn't make sense

If only he had been vocal about this in 2014, rather than waiting until the horse has now bolted, and Sky have exclusive rights until 2024...Most of the viewing public were already worried when Sky's grubby paws got the BBC's deal back in 2014 - and could see the direction of travel. If only the drivers had bothered to look up for a moment.

PS. The BBC currently pays 70 million per season for the rights to show highlights of the Kick-the-ball competition each weekend... If the BBC had carried on with its exclusive contract for F1, and dropped MOTD, then:
  1. The cost per hour of TV would be much lower
  2. The BBC would actually have held on to rights for live sport (not just highlights)
  3. Kick-the-ball would have been picked up by another broadcaster (say C4) - paying so much for a highlights package is, frankly, a commercial decision, rather than one in the remit of the BBC.

I read an article yesterday that F1's viewing figures worldwide have halved in last 5 years and that it is in danger of being a minority sport.

I see what your saying The Artist..... about the football but there is one flaw in your thinking. If you like Football then what the BBC has paid for is actually entertaining. Even the hardcore F1 fans admit the racing is boring 95% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom