F1 TV coverage

Before I'd finished reading your post, I was about to add how much I love re-watching the start from many different angles, because I don't mind missing that overtake which looked imminent. Even though I've seen the start several times and could probably write down what happened, it's such a joy to see it 10 times over, again.
Oh and the lingering shot of that famous person, who I recognise but can't quite remember their name, looking a bit awkward plonked in the team garage on their own in front of a telly.

Last edited:
Oh and the lingering shot of that famous person, who I recognise but can't quite remember their name, looking a bit awkward plonked in the team garage on their own in front of a telly.

Can I please propose one exemption:
Ava.png

I.watched a fascinating, but relatively short program with Sir Trevor McDonald, on Martin Luther King and his life.

He spoke to a number of key figures in King's life and even a former member of the KKK. It really needed to be a two parter.

I never realised the 'I have a dream section..' of one of the greatest speeches ever made was entirely improvised.

In among all of this, Sir Trevor spoke to Naomi Campbell.... erm why? 1) She was born 2 years after Dr King's murder, 2) She's British 3) I'm pretty sure she's never faced a lifetime of poverty and struggle 4) she was never clubbed in the head by a racist thug masquerading as a policeman when standing on the steps of the county offices trying to legally register to vote.

I don't think the opinion of a famous model regardless of skin tone adds too much weight to an otherwise moving and compelling documentary.

Yeah, I've always liked Karun's work on the BBC and felt they were massively under using him by confining him to commentary box duties on Friday only. I thought he offered a great insight into the car and driver without bringing the arrogance of some of the others in the role.

Ted on the other hand has always come across as a bit of a berk. "Ted's notebook" on the odd occasion I've watched it, always seemed to be how can I spread one or two tiny snippets of info across 15 minutes of TV and make out I'm on the inside of everything. I reckon behind that note pad he had his smart phone open and was reading the Autosport web page headlines.

So Karun has left Channel 4 then, shame, he was interesting to listen to. Oh my word, I hope that doesn't mean we're going to get Ted Kravitz instead :disappointed:

Does that mean Karun will be in the pit lane all race during Sky broadcasts as Ted was? Ted could be a bit annoying but he often clarified or corrected issues that the main commentators were missing during races. I didn’t mind the notebook either, it provided a team by team recap at the very least. Although I’m guessing hardly anyone watched it so it’s been canned with Ted along with it.

Karun is a hugely superior commentator, curious how he will be used.

The lovely boy is on the squad Titch I feel he is being groomed (not like that) for Brindle's retirement. I bet he subs in for him on the races MB takes a holiday on.

Back
Top Bottom