F1 shutdown

bogaTYR

Points Scorer
probably i am again the only one not aware of this, but i was surprised

"Another reason to cram in as much work as possible this weekend is that we are heading for the first ever official F1 "shutdown" when the Gestione Sportiva will cease all work from 3rd to 16th August. The new rules ban all teams from carrying out any work on the technical, R and D or manufacturing side of the team, as part of the new age of F1, following proposals by the teams within FOTA. In the past, while there might have been a break in the calendar, work at the factories continued full pelt throughout the summer months, so this year, the staff and their families should be able to enjoy a proper summer break. The downside of this magnanimous gesture is that one loses two weeks work at a critical point in the development of next year's car, but the rules are the same for everyone."

http://pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news ... t_id=38475

Yeah, its to go with the new ban on competition every Sunday afternoon!

Sounds like a good idea.

"a critical point in the development of next year's car", I'm sure each team will manage to drag some metal to Melbourne for 2010, I wouldn't worry about it...

Can you imagine a load of McLaren mechanics in the old black McL branded gear trying to break into their own factory at the dead of night?

This ties in with the general shutdown that occurs at that time.

I remember staying in an hotel apartment in Milan once and one morning the manager handed me a set of keys to let myself in and out as the hotel was basically closed :D

teabagyokel said:
Can you imagine a load of McLaren mechanics in the old black McL branded gear trying to break into their own factory at the dead of night?

only if they were these darth vader helmets and do not go for a drink in the local copy shop afterwards. what getaaway car would they use? these silvery team cars could be a bit, well... visible.

actually, TBY, you are spot on. all F1 teams have breaks on sunday afternoons. next break coming up this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom