Pre-Season F1 2022

I've never quite got on top of Super Aguri's use of year-old BAR chassis - even if they had been sold the intellectual rights, it still hadn't been designed in house.
Jenson Button in Hungarian GP 2006 watchalong during the pandemic. said that it was so downheartening to see Davidson beating him & making Q2 in his car he drove last year to victory

although it does happen its funny that Haas who i highly doubt have changed in preseason & have been doing this 2020 & 2021 nobody was complaining when they were racing themselves in 19th & 20th

There is a lot of talk about B teams but that is nothing compared with the Shadow vs Arrows scandal in the late 70's.

Basically Jackie Oliver had a bust up at Shadow and took a few engineers with him setting up Arrows as it were . When Shadow launched their car it was nice gold Warsteiner livery around the same time as Arrows launched theirs in red and white but one of the journalists did say ":censored: me its looks like a bloody Arrows"

So basically Arrows and Shadow had to settle this in court and it was ruled in favour of Shadow that Arrows did not have right to use their intellectual property rights of the car design so had to redesign their car

Jenson Button in Hungarian GP 2006 watchalong during the pandemic. said that it was so downheartening to see Davidson beating him & making Q2 in his car he drove last year to victory

although it does happen its funny that Haas who i highly doubt have changed in preseason & have been doing this 2020 & 2021 nobody was complaining when they were racing themselves in 19th & 20th
I do wish Alpha Tauri could beat Red Bull more consistently because Horner says they are a sister team not a junior team so the conversations back to Marko would be interesting

I mean back in 2008 - Toro Rosso actually won a race before Red Bull who ditched the Ferrari engine and gave it to them by saying the engine deal is with Red Bull Corporation not Red Bull Racing and swapped it for a Renault because they did not think Ferrari was given them an equal engine . So Vettel won in Monza and they went on to beat Red Bull with effectively the same chassis but with more powerful Ferrari engine against the rather weak Renault engine

Red Bull who ditched the Ferrari engine and gave it to them by saying the engine deal is with Red Bull Corporation not Red Bull Racing and swapped it for a Renault because they did not think Ferrari was given them an equal engine . So Vettel won in Monza and they went on to beat Red Bull with effectively the same chassis but with more powerful Ferrari engine against the rather weak Renault engine
To be fair, that's exactly the tactic that Flav did back in 1994/5. Briatore was desperate for Renault engines for the Benetton team, but Reggie were only happy to supply two teams. Ligier and Williams had contracts, and following Ligier's 2nd and 3rd place finish at Hockenheim, there was no break-clause in Ligier's engine supply.

In order to get hold of the Renault engines for Benetton, our Flav bought Ligier, and transferred the contracts from them to Benetton. (He also managed to usurp Minardi's contract with Mugen Honda to ensure that Ligier had a competitive engine for the season)... Back in 1994, there was the interesting sight of a certain (new world champion) Michael Schumacher lapping Estoril in a Ligier

knn9uegfrbi61.jpg

Yes I remember that to get the Renault engines the deal with Williams was Renault would supply engines to themselves and one other team . Amazed how Ron did not see this given Mclaren tested Renault engines as a shakedown to replace Honda engines . So Flav did everything he did to bolt Renault engine to a Benetton and basically moved Tom Walkinshaw over to Ligier

To be fair, that's exactly the tactic that Flav did back in 1994/5. Briatore was desperate for Renault engines for the Benetton team, but Reggie were only happy to supply two teams. Ligier and Williams had contracts, and following Ligier's 2nd and 3rd place finish at Hockenheim, there was no break-clause in Ligier's engine supply.

In order to get hold of the Renault engines for Benetton, our Flav bought Ligier, and transferred the contracts from them to Benetton. (He also managed to usurp Minardi's contract with Mugen Honda to ensure that Ligier had a competitive engine for the season)... Back in 1994, there was the interesting sight of a certain (new world champion) Michael Schumacher lapping Estoril in a Ligier

knn9uegfrbi61.jpg
love that story. wonder what minardi couldve done in 1995

As a complete aside, look how tiny the opening to the cockpit is on the Ligier. And they worried about drivers getting out of the car with the Halo!

As a complete aside, look how tiny the opening to the cockpit is on the Ligier. And they worried about drivers getting out of the car with the Halo!
When did the "leap out of the cockpit like your arse is on fire" test come in?

I genuinely can't remember seeing a cockpit opening that small on a car.

There may be some foreshortening of the image due to the lens and how it's taken. Still, not a great deal of space when you consider there's a steering wheel inside there too.

1650557328447.png

Bit more protection than those late 80's early 90's cars which had almost no cockpit surrounding at all.

They were so narrow they had to have those bubbles in the sides to allow for a little extra room for the driver. They look terrifying by today's standards.

IMG_20220421_173617.jpg

Yes I remember that to get the Renault engines the deal with Williams was Renault would supply engines to themselves and one other team . Amazed how Ron did not see this given Mclaren tested Renault engines as a shakedown to replace Honda engines . So Flav did everything he did to bolt Renault engine to a Benetton and basically moved Tom Walkinshaw over to Ligier

I believe there was an issue that McLaren had long-term contract with Shell and Renault had a deal that only Elf fuel may be used with them. Benetton had Elf contract even in the later Ford Cosworth days.

I believe there was an issue that McLaren had long-term contract with Shell and Renault had a deal that only Elf fuel may be used with them. Benetton had Elf contract even in the later Ford Cosworth days.
Elf and Renault do go hand in hand I must admit seeing they are still working together

Back
Top Bottom