Poll Does Felipe Massa deserve his 2012 seat at Ferrari?

Does Felipe Massa deserve his 2012 seat at Ferrari?

• Total voters
IMy gut instinct is that Massa's lap times are closer than Alonso's than Webber's are to Vettel's, in general. At the end of the season I'll do an analysis.

Felipe's points total has been compromised by a number of incidents in races, some his fault, many not.

I would give Massa another year. The incidents with Lewis, plus the pressure from his team for him to perform and the knowledge that under normal circumstances he has no chance of a shot at the championship in a Ferrari again, have weighed heavily on his shoulders. I don't believe he has a personal problem with Lewis or vice versa, they both have issues they need to sort out before next season. Would Felipe be rejuvenated in a different car though? Probably.

I reckon he'd do well in a Force India..............................

Money-stacks-3.jpg

"narcotic news" eh? What ARE you suggesting?

Quick point of order; this thread is about whether Massa deserves to keep his seat for 2012, so any further analysis of the Hamilton/Massa collision from India will be deleted, and all previous posts about the crash have been deleted.

I should add that when Massa's had a competitive car on par with Alonso he is able to race against him at least and beat him on occassions like 2006-2007

Massa was leading the team in 2009 when Raikkonen lost interest but am afraid he is a victim of the political madhouse at Ferrari and has no one to fend for him

Yes the Ferrari is definitely the 3rd fastest car and Alonso is making it better than it should be with the podiums he keeps getting but then Massa should be beating both Mercedes more regularly

Given the machinery available, has Massa been any worse at Ferrari than, for instance, Webber has at Red Bull?

Surely if Ferrari think he deserves a seat in their car then he does, and that's the end of it.

Deserving the seat as to make sure Signor Alonso does not have someone who is fast enough to challenge him...everyone was expecting Kubica to join until it was announced Massa was staying for another two seasons

Deserving the seat as to make sure Signor Alonso does not have someone who is fast enough to challenge him...everyone was expecting Kubica to join until it was announced Massa was staying for another two seasons

Do you really think that Montezelomo would allow any driver to dictate to him as to who the other driver could be?

Nice one FB. I was looking for that one myself.:) Illustrates my one real issue with the modern era Ferrari management. When does deception become deceit?:thinking:

Big difference between those two press reports.
Both of the Massa seat confirmation reports for 2012 are from the team not Massa himself.
In Kimi's case he did have a contract but Ferrari bought him out with a $50m payoff and the stipulation that he did not race for rival team.

Back
Top Bottom