Poll Does Felipe Massa deserve his 2012 seat at Ferrari?

Does Felipe Massa deserve his 2012 seat at Ferrari?

• Total voters
I know he has struggled these last two years, but with Rosberg under contract, Kubica injured, Perez too inexperienced and no one else having done enough either, I can see why Massa is likely to be kept on. There is no one else likely to match or better him, so why replace him?

NO but then again thats Ferrari's problem for employing such policy.

It worked for Schumi because he had teammates who were willing to be the obedient No 2

When you are in that position the best thing to do is leave because it will continue to undermine his own confidence if he is fighting against everyone and has no team support

It depends on the car that Ferrari build for next year. If it is fast and stable then I expect that Massa will be as well. If it is at all awkward to drive I don't think that Massa has the type of ability to deal with that.

They know Massa isn't good enough at the moment, if they bring in (say) Alguersuari for a year and he's brilliant then they've gained!
Based on the last 3 or 4 races you might, but wasn't he about to lose his seat earlier this year after failing in Q1 so frequently?

Given that the plan is to pair Alonso and Perez long term, if you were going for this type of a gamble, the surely Perez is the man now. If you think he should have another year at Sauber then perhaps you might be better going for a solid number 2 like perhaps Petrov or Sutil for a year (or two). I don't know how much better than Massa they would do though.

I would say "Yes, there are other drivers who could do a better job" ;)

I suspect that at this stage of the season, with nothing more than pride to fight for, he's probably doing more harm to his Ferrari career by breaking cars than looking like outperforming Alonso.

For me, Massa joined a long list of drivers who had serious accidents and who were never the same again when they returned. I don't believe it's nerves or something like that, I think it's just that F1 moves on so quickly that any time away from it is going to cause you problems. When Massa had his accident he could have been considered the team number 1 driver and was getting the better of an increasingly unmotivated Kimi. When he returned he's missed out on a 6 to 8 months of driving and development work and suddenly finds himself having to match Alonso who, coming off the back of that year at Mclaren, had a massive point to prove.

I think Massa will still be able to find a seat in F1 and that Renault do look like they would be a good fit for him but for me, it wouldn't have been a big issue for Ferrari to ditch him at the end of the season.

His accident was one thing, being shoved aside on entry into the pits was the other and to me seemed to be the crushing moment. The fact that all the discussions seem to be about Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton/Button/Webber, and then Massa is occasionally tacked on at the end, suggests that he's becoming, or has already become, the odd man out. For me the question is will he call it a day after next season if dropped or follow the Barrichello route and try to get whatever drive he can.

I do find it quite upsetting when drivers past their sell by date cling on to a drive, any drive - it's not as if they need the money and I do understand the desire to win - but every profession should have its dignity. If you can't win with a top team then sod's law says you can't win anywhere. Surely better to leave on a relative high than tarnish one's own reputation.

To be honest glimpses would be enough for a midfield team, not for a world championship winning team where they would need both drivers competing for major points and podiums (as long as the second driver isn't in front of Fernando........) and Massa hasn't shown that on a consistent enough basis and thats why I don't think Webber should be at Red Bull for the same reasons (off topic that last bit but the link is valid)

I voted no but my reasons are complicated. On the one hand it is simply that the Ferrari brand deserves a thorough shake out. Felipe is off his game and not good enough for the brand. Neither, though, is the current management for they have "colluded" in the degradation of a driver's career and all the promise that went with it. I make no secret of the fact that I don't much like the current Felipe Massa but I don't blame him for that. I don't blame Smedley either because his body language makes no secret of his discomfiture with the way he is instructed to manage Felipe on track.

Bottom line? Ferrari don't deserve Felipe Massa either.:(

Why is Massa in a job or team who clearly don;t support him or have faith in him. Its nothing but soul destroying so he should put himself out of his misery and leave the team to regain his pride and dignity.. he is turning into another Rubens
Does anyone expect Massa to do a Pironi and double cross Alonso /// I very much doubt

Why is Massa in a job or team who clearly don;t support him or have faith in him.

Money-stacks-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom