Current Daniil Kvyat

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
Assuming Kvyat and Verstappen are fairly comparable in pace right now, I'd say it's a no-brainer as to who you want in the car going forward though.

Daniil can still prove his worth in the STR though.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
I can say, with nothing remotely close to certainty, that Kvyat was given the Red Bull seat on the request of Vladimir Putin in a 40 race deal.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
It will be interesting to see how Kvyat and Sianz stack up against each other. I think both have talent.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I worry for kyvat career because I think he is mentally finished he seemingly just can't reset like perez did post mclaren as every race its been poor pace or a costly error. Im fairly sure he is on his way after red bull made a big show of renewing Riccardio Verstappen & Sainz contract. I wonder whether Kyvat will even see the season out go fron Red Bull > Toro Rosso > out. in 6 months & by Malaysia Japan he will be replaced by maybe Gasly. If he is challenging in GP2. & bit of Jaime alguersari (although not bad thing as could never spell his name :)) dejavu. Chewed up & spat out by22

Red Bull system gives you an opportunity but I would always give it a wide berth because yes it made 2 careers (too early for max) but what about the countless its destroyed Bourdais JEV Buemi Algurasri & kyvat is mentally spent best thing would be to get out of f1/str as quick as possible before any damage more is caused as that interview was tough to watch. When he talks about not being himself

Last edited:

Incubus

Champion Elect
I don't know... I wonder about his attitude sometimes. At least he was kept onboard and still has a drive within the Red Bull system, unlike the names you mentioned above. He's got the opportunity to prove Red Bull wrong by trying to beat another fast team-mate, put himself in the shop window.

Instead of that he just keeps criticising his team, blaming everything on everyone except himself. That's not the way to keep your side of the garage motivated.
I mean it's like, OK, you've had a setback, just get on with it you know?

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Incubus The Red Bull programme is brutal but the way Kyvat has been treated has been nothing but shameful. The whole Red Bull management are all willing to criticise him publicly at any moment they can and few give him credit like when he has actually got the car in Q3

The only thing Kyvat has not done is consider suing Red Bull for constructive dismissal which was what would have happened if it was any other job

This is the sort of treatment I'd expect from Flavio Briatore who has no driver management skills period
--------------------------------------------------

Hamberg

FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :)
Contributor
Is it beyond Red Rosso to have his car set up a little bit shitter than Sainz so for publicity purposes it looks like their decision will be justified? I just don't get how he's suddenly become this bad.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
You know when you 've realised your dreams has turned into nightmare and you've got the job from hell where the bosses do little to praise you but take every opportunity to undermine you

Well this is Kyvat at the moment

Having been praised for his boldness and podium at China , he go shot down in the next race in Russia and has not recovered from being attacked from everyone.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
He's shit though.
No. He's a very good racing driver. He just doesn't have the right PR officer so you think he's shit.

Kvyat is sleepwalking his way to leaving F1 and everyone knows it. I would put my house on Gasly being in that seat next year. Oh well. F1's loss is Formula E's gain (again).

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
No RasputinLives , he's shit. GP3 champion but no better than 2nd in anything else, huge PR machine hasn't been able to make him a good enough driver and Red Bull have given him more chances than they have to better prospects. Even now, with him being demoted to the B team, that hasn't been an option for any other Red Bull driver for very long.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
He beat Danny Ric in the championship last year and got a pretty dam good podium just the race before they dropped him. One accident does not make a bad driver. I hold the line his results just did not get the hype that others did.