Current Daniil Kvyat

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
It'll be his third drive with them technically. I should know, I'm a big fan of his.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I know 1 person who is a big fan of red bull's decision, when I can get odds on Max Verstappen winning the 2020 Australian GP

max.png

Last edited:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i said 3 weeks ago that for me if he goes back that would top easily the biggest shock of this silly season. now its confirmed I dont what im shocked by that kvyat asked to go back as it seems he was the instigator or that red bull said wanted to do it as they sacked with 3 times. I cant remember seeing a driver treated so dreadfully, yet he wants to go back

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
F1Brits_90 I'd say it's a case of if he doesn't drive there he won't get another drive. So if it's them or nothing.... I'm not sure I'd want to go back either if I was Daniil after the way they behaved towards him. Good luck to him I'd say, he's probably going to need it.

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
The way they treated him? You must mean the way they paid all his bills in the junior series, paving his way into F1, and rewarding some adequate performances for Toro Rosso with a promotion to the senior team?

It's only thanks to their generosity that we now know he isn't cut out for F1.

Last edited:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Told off for my spelling earlier and now someone else has noticed I can't count either.

Good job I'm an unelected bureaucrat otherwise I'd be deselected.

LOL

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Some Kvyat Stats

Daniil Dvyat has had five years in Formula One facing off some very interesting teammates. Lets look at how he compares to them:

.................................Qualifying......Race Position......Points
2014 – Vergne...........12-7..............5-6.........................8-22
2015 – Ricciardo.........7-12.............7-6.......................95-92
2016 – Ricciardo.........0-4...............1-2.......................21-36
..........- Sainz...............6-11..............2-9.........................4-42
2017 – Sainz...............6-8................1-5.........................4-48
..........- Hartley............1-0.................1-0.........................1-0
2019 – Albon...............6-6.................6-3......................27-16

Career........................38-48.............23-31.................160-256

2014: So, first year in F1, looked good compared to Vergne, outqualified Verge, with a couple of high placings, but Verge had better results in the race. Kvyat promoted, Vergne ended up in Fomula E.

2015: Ricciardo outqualifeid Kvyat. Kvyat was a match for Ricciardo during race. Some people consider Ricciardo to be the 4th best driver in F1 and the defacto Renault team leader.

2016: After 4 races (including a podium), Kvyat was demoted to Torro Rosso.

2017: Ran 14 races, then replaced by Gasly, came back for race 17.

2019: First 12 races of the season. Albon gets promoted.

Last edited:

olegg

Race Winner
The choice in favor of Albon against Kvyat on the transition to Verstappen
for the remaining 9 races of the season may even be in favor of Kvyat.
Losing to Verstappen, who caught the courage,
would be a very bad factor for future career of Kvyat.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
The choice in favor of Albon against Kvyat on the transition to Verstappen
for the remaining 9 races of the season may even be in favor of Kvyat.
Losing to Verstappen, who caught the courage,
would be a very bad factor for future career of Kvyat.
Well, I just think he got screwed once again by Red Bull (Helmut Marko). He should walk at the earliest possible moment. I assume he is under contract for next year, so should use the year to establish himself, and then go job shopping for other teams. He is young enough to rebuild a career. His only other hope is that Albon performs as badly as Gasly, but it is hard to imagine that anyone could do that. Most likely Albon is Red Bull's driver for next year.

olegg

Race Winner
Well, I just think he got screwed once again by Red Bull (Helmut Marko). He should walk at the earliest possible moment. I assume he is under contract for next year, so should use the year to establish himself, and then go job shopping for other teams. He is young enough to rebuild a career. His only other hope is that Albon performs as badly as Gasly, but it is hard to imagine that anyone could do that. Most likely Albon is Red Bull's driver for next year.
I just say that taking into account the previous communication of Kvyat with the "main" Red Bull team,
this is not the team where Kvyat should return.
He will never find full support there and will only be used as a temporary solution.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
He will never find full support there and will only be used as a temporary solution.
Clearly.....but I am guessing that they signed him to at least a two year contract with a third year option. So I am guessing he has no choice but to stay for 2020.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
After his podium in Germany and becoming a Dad you would think he was on his way back to the main team but since then

He has been

i) Overlooked by Red Bull and his teammate got the promotion to the main team
ii) Told to stay at Toro whether by contract or other means
iii) Outqualified by the demoted Gasly
iv) let down by the Honda engine and his car seems to be fragile like glass at moment
v) Not able to show well enough at his home race

All this adds up to being screwed over again by Red Bull

The man just can buy a break in his F1 career

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
After his podium in Germany and becoming a Dad you would think he was on his way back to the main team but since then

He has been

i) Overlooked by Red Bull and his teammate got the promotion to the main team
ii) Told to stay at Toro whether by contract or other means
iii) Outqualified by the demoted Gasly
iv) let down by the Honda engine and his car seems to be fragile like glass at moment
v) Not able to show well enough at his home race

All this adds up to being screwed over again by Red Bull

The man just can buy a break in his F1 career
Yes, but while he has looked very good at times, he has also been inconsistent. I am a Kvyat fan (and I dislike Helmut Marko), and I also believe he should have the Red Bull seat. Still, in light of his inconsistency, I can inderstand why Albon (or Hulkenberg) might be attractive.

Top Bottom