Current Daniil Kvyat

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
He really seems to be coming into his own doesn't he? I was really hoping he was going to get on the end of that chain of cars because he had the pace to pick up a good result.

Good stuff from him today. Lets remember without the grid drop he'd have started 11th and would have been well up the field.

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
Kvyat must feel like he just hit the lottery. It remains to be seen if he's ready for a top drive though. Could be tough sledding for Kivvy next year though.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
The only possible factor in the decision is the one we'll never really know which is how JEV gets on in the team. If he is unpopular with the mechanics or is seen as not a team player or something along those lines it would suggest why he has been over looked in favour of Kvyat. Other than that, there is no obvious epxlination.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
It's the age difference, I tell you!!

24 against 20!

Means sod all to me but then I'm not a TP.

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Yes, his Vergnes average and median results are slightly better but he has had three seasons in Formula One. This also doesn't affect my previous comment as it remains that he has been consistently managed good results.
I know people believe Dr. Marko doesn't have a clue what he is doing but the same is said about Bernie Ecclestone and both seem to be doing fabolous in their jobs. :)

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I think Marko is discarding drivers who would otherwise make it too early, simply because there isn't a seat available, simply because they waited about 2 years too long to ditch Webber.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Thinking of putting a cheeky tenner on Kvyat for the 2015 drivers title.

Bet he gave Danny Ric a wink as he walked past him in the pitlane after quali today.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
No chance. He did well in qually today but where has he been all season. A bit of a home boost I think.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Well.....he's not done badly for the rest of the season and next year he'll be in a Red Bull which might possibly be the class of the field so I think no chance might be a little harsh on the boy.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
So a little mention for our rather over looked Russian friend. He may not be flavour of the month now we have Max and Carlos but he has come into form. He had a pretty dam good British GP and was very fiesty on the first lap or so with that move he pulled on Vettel.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
He's done well again and is justifying his position in the team after a torrid start

He did give the Ferrari's a real headache in the race

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
So after his 'demotion' to Torro Rosso for the rest of the season (the media states it gives him chance to 'rebuild his reputation') how on earth do you motivate yourself if you're Kvyat? There hardly going to go "oh we were wrong" and put him back at Red Bull next year are they?

Even if you are a regular points scorer its not going to do you any good. I guess the only thing you can aim for is to drive the wheels off the car in order to beat Verstappen.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Kvyat has struggled a lot in Q2 up to now, but what an unorthodox move. Sainz again the forgotten man.

How did this never happen to Webber?

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
It's an odd one all around, in that he never did enough at Toro Rosso to suggest that he deserved promotion, but he also hasn't done enough at Red Bull to suggest he deserves relegation.

He beat Ricciardo in the Drivers' Championship last year...