Cycling

Buy a new bike ???
I could but I'd still have another bike which can't be used for the sake of a wheel.

Move to a country where bikes are in plentiful supply and cheap?
I was reading some of the reviews on Aliexpress (Chinese online retailer) and some people are complaining that the wheels are out of true by as much as 2cm :D

If I still lived in the UK then I would be able to get something like this:

Plenty of spare parts here

1598127674851.png

Found some wheels!

A decent compromise between price and spec.

Out of stock though.

They wouldn't be compatible unfortunately.

I may just buy a new hub and have a go at rebuilding the wheel.

It's tricky but doable.

Life used to be so much simpler.

A mate of mine who was an apprentice with little money got hold of a pair of rims asked me if I could help him out. We got some hubs and I built a pair of wheels for him. They must have been reasonably good because next race we were in was the club 25 and for the first time he beat me.

I didn't think much of that as I had done it for free. I should have stick to the Yorkshire motto.

I popped my cycling cherry.

A bit of loose gravel on a right hand turn and down I went ... like a sack of shit!

Nothing too bad, just some missing skin and bruises.
Shoulder/arm and knee are already stiffening up so I guess I'll have to take a few days off.

Need a new helmet though - it took a hell of a whack and is crushed on one side.
The side of my head is bearing the scars of that :D

Attachments

• 20201001_165136.jpg
    20201001_165136.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20201001_165146.jpg
    20201001_165146.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 20201001_165220.jpg
    20201001_165220.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20201001_165938.jpg
    20201001_165938.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 120
Yeah, without the helmet I would have had a fairly serious injury/concussion.

Still have a slight concussion and some bruising on the side of my face but nothing compared to what it would have been without a helmet.

I treated myself to a Tacx Neo 2T smart trainer for Christmas and I've been riding Zwift since. It's revolutionised my riding; I haven't raced seriously for nearly 20 years but I'm feeling the fitness start to come back. Anyone else been bitten by the Zwift bug?

The guy I cycle with does a lot of Zwift - he's on it almost every day.

His set up is quite impressive - it's in his basement home gym on a purpose built structure, with a massive widescreen TV and an industrial fan.

I treated myself to a Tacx Neo 2T smart trainer for Christmas and I've been riding Zwift since. It's revolutionised my riding; I haven't raced seriously for nearly 20 years but I'm feeling the fitness start to come back. Anyone else been bitten by the Zwift bug?
RGT pisses all over Zwift.

I've not ridden RGT, but from what I've seen the group riding dynamic is terrible - yoyoing all over the place and not at all like riding in a bunch.

I've found RGT to be really good for groups and drafting, although I have not ridden Zwift in groups for a while. I like that you can also add Bots to rides, to give you more drafting options. I rode with a chap the other day who came from Zwift, and he had a positive experience.

I've not ridden RGT, but from what I've seen the group riding dynamic is terrible - yoyoing all over the place and not at all like riding in a bunch.
Current consensus from the droves of Zwift users moving across to RGT as their virtual training platform of choice is that the riding dynamics, drafting and "reality" of the simulation knock Zwift into a cocked hat.
My experience of having used both through beta and into release and now using RGT 3 times per week is that... I use RGT 3 times per week, I no longer use Zwift.

Back
Top Bottom