• Disappointment

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Passenger

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Letdown

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree jenov2003, I've never know chump to be an offensive term and a quick search doesn't bring up anything to suggest otherwise, but I guess if some do then it should be changed.

Just like on some airlines every single person has a vegetarian slop meal because there might be just one single vegetarian out of hundreds on the aeroplane...pff. :yawn:

Gladies & gentle moles I think I have a solution. To avoid any potential offence perhaps we have a thread entitled

2011 **** Grand Prix - Good Weekend
2011 **** Grand Prix - Bad Weekend

Does this work? Undoubtedly Lewis Hamilton had a bad weekend in Monaco, as did Sergio Perez so it opens the scope for voting in slightly different criteria.

Of course I don't have a problem with the word "chump", what do you take me for? (and no, I don't want any of you to come up with something subtle like "give me a minute and I'll write you a list, ha ha)
Just it can't be strictly accurate to call them "chumps" in a world where the margin between glorious and disastrous can be paper-thin.

Anyway as I appear to be in the overwhelming majority seeing as though everybody agrees with me (with the odd exception or two) my suggestion should definitely be adopted. Landslide majority I think they call it.

I agree jenov2003, I've never know chump to be an offensive term and a quick search doesn't bring up anything to suggest otherwise, but I guess if some do then it should be changed.

I suppose it would be offensive if it was your favorite driver who was being hung out to dry.
Williams have said Maldanado/Lewis coming together was a racing incident
Allguasari TR Red Bull, says he wasn't targetting Lewis when he drove into him
Massa, well he must have seen Lewis in his mirrors unless he has got vision problems...Lewis saw Schumi & visa versa.
9.7 pitstop.......Martin Brundle commented at the time, he must have just decided to come in...and the team weren't ready for him... Lewis was told to go in...& they weren't ready.
Louise Mackensie deserves an award.....this is the only time I thought....Lewis don't do that..... don't speak to her, don't give her the opportunity to do what she did.
Controversial yes....Lewis is the Georgie Best of F1 & it .seems it is ok to have a go at him....because he will be blamed for any collision & he certainly was.
As for the Ali G remarks......Lewis has had plenty of racist comments/put downs,..... he was making a joke. Frickin isn't a word?
Quali...that was a joke, who was the chump at Mclaren that didn't get him out for a banker lap?
Then left him sitting at the end of the pit lane.....tyres going off.
There was much more...Lewis definately had a controversial weekend.........gave the journos plenty to write about.....but imo chump he is not.

I suppose it would be offensive if it was your favorite driver who was being hung out to dry.
Williams have said Maldanado/Lewis coming together was a racing incident
Allguasari TR Red Bull, says he wasn't targetting Lewis when he drove into him
Massa, well he must have seen Lewis in his mirrors unless he has got vision problems...Lewis saw Schumi & visa versa.
9.7 pitstop.......Martin Brundle commented at the time, he must have just decided to come in...and the team weren't ready for him... Lewis was told to go in...& they weren't ready.
Louise Mackensie deserves an award.....this is the only time I thought....Lewis don't do that..... don't speak to her, don't give her the opportunity to do what she did.
Controversial yes....Lewis is the Georgie Best of F1 & it .seems it is ok to have a go at him....because he will be blamed for any collision & he certainly was.
As for the Ali G remarks......Lewis has had plenty of racist comments/put downs,..... he was making a joke. Frickin isn't a word?
Quali...that was a joke, who was the chump at Mclaren that didn't get him out for a banker lap?
Then left him sitting at the end of the pit lane.....tyres going off.
There was much more...Lewis definately had a controversial weekend.........gave the journos plenty to write about.....but imo chump he is not.

Wrong thread, I think!

I like that, gives more room for personal opinions too - someone can be appreciated but not be the absolute best that weekend, or unlucky but not a chump!

Nice idea and probably the safest option, but would make for inconclusive results - if it's a poll worth the money, there has to be consensus on approach to the start question/premis. Each section of the poll has to be a superlative - best or worst for the results to have any meaning.

Nice idea and probably the safest option, but would make for inconclusive results - if it's a poll worth the money, there has to be consensus on approach to the start question/premis. Each section of the poll has to be a superlative - best or worst for the results to have any meaning.

I second that Jenov, a poll is by it's very nature designed to give a democratically voted winner and looser. Not everyone will like all the results, but it is just a gauge of people’s opinions and should in no way alienate people from voting.

As another suggestion, could we get more sophisticated and vote for our top 5 and bottom 5 in preference. I think this is much more likely to give us a clearer picture of the general consensus and would open it up to people of all opinions.

I second that Jenov, a poll is by it's very nature designed to give a democratically voted winner and looser. Not everyone will like all the results, but it is just a gauge of people’s opinions and should in no way alienate people from voting.

As another suggestion, could we get more sophisticated and vote for our top 5 and bottom 5 in preference. I think this is much more likely to give us a clearer picture of the general consensus and would open it up to people of all opinions.

That smacks a little of AV.

Most peeps seem able to pick one option, although we have an occasional abstention, which is fine by me - maybe the secondary emphasis should be on explanation (just the one mind!). There is usually another thread where posters can be more expansive.

Jenov

Having read my post back I've clearly been brainwashed by all the advertising in and around the referendum

I still think there is some mileage in exploring this option as reading back over the last few day's, we've got a large number of people who struggled to split Vettel, Alonso & Button.

Just a thought.

The software doesn't allow weighted voting.
It's either a single vote, or multiple votes, with no way of limiting the the multiple vote option to a set number.

Back
Top Bottom