Chicane jumpers of the past

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
These boys were way ahead of Bernie with their shortcut ideas.

Germany 1992 - Mansell vs Senna
In a bit of irony, this weekends guest steward was the culprit of one of the earlier examples of blatant chicane cutting. It was so egregious that Murray postulated about his possible exclusion from the race.

Japan 2005 - Alonso vs Klien
Fernando should have known the procedures involved when you gain a position after flying across the grass, seeing that he perfected the art earlier in his career.

France 2008 - Hamilton vs Vettel
Lewis showed how it was done in 2008, making one of the more impressive off course excursions seen to this day. A drive through penalty was issued 12 laps later, and hopes of a points paying performance evaporated.

Canada 2010 - Schumacher vs Liuzzi
Most recently, the stewards took pity on an aging master, completely ignoring the exploits of Michael Schumacher when he designed his own circuit in Canada.

As always, a (moving) picture speaks a 1000 words.

Nice one Keke :thumbsup:

KekeTheKing said:
Most recently, the stewards took pity on an aging master, completely ignoring the exploits of Michael Schumacher when he designed his own circuit in Canada.
LOL

I don't know if Keke has these two on video anywhere; but the ones I seem to remember are:

SCHUMACHER VS DE LA ROSA/HEIDFELD? - HUNGARY 2006

and

HAMILTON VS RAIKKONEN - BELGIUM 2008.

Again, guess which of these guys got punished...?

I seem to remember Nico Hulkenberg cutting the chicane against Kobayashi at the start of the Canada race as well. Both drivers overcooked it into the corner but Nico cut the chicane and was fine while Koby tried to take the corner and subsequently crashed out. I'm sure The Hulk did the same later on in that race too.

I think there was quite a bit of first corner chicane cutting going on at Singapore too.

Not to mention Kimi taking rather wide detours at Spa and Turkey.

Boyle99 said:
I seem to remember Nico Hulkenberg cutting the chicane against Kobayashi at the start of the Canada race as well. Both drivers overcooked it into the corner but Nico cut the chicane and was fine while Koby tried to take the corner and subsequently crashed out.

They both actually tried to cut the chicane at the same time. When Kobayashi realized that Hulkenberg was alongside him and tried to get back on the circuit, he hit the large curb that launched him into the wall.

It's the first overtake on this video if you would like to see.

teabagyokel said:
HAMILTON VS RAIKKONEN - BELGIUM 2008.

Hmmmmnnn.... I can't seem to remember that one. Did it cause much of a stir? :givemestrength:

Kidding obviously. I thought that might have been discussed to death, but it's probably worth another look after this weekends fun and games.

Here is the view from Hamilton's onboard camera.

Just for you Muddy LOL

argyll637a.gif

Thanks for the vids Keke, great to see some of these races again. Thought James Hunt was a little harsh on Mansell in his comments and Muddlie a bit OTT expecting Nigel to be DSQ'd. All's fair in love, war and F1 racing!

KekeTheKing said:
Here is the view from Hamilton's onboard camera.

Impressive keep there. Did you just download that from.. er.. somewhere.. else? LOL

Or did you do what I did and download the copies that came onto YouTube at the time of Spa 2008? I have 5 minutes of Hamilton's onboard at that time, you see that incident into La Source and the subsequent fight with Raikkonen on the penultimate lap. The only thing is it has no sound :(

snowy said:
Just for Fernando:

frozen+chicken.jpg

RSNN2325B_280_593693a.jpg

You have set off the Teabag Yokel Industries™ Awful Pun Indicator™. Please note that "Chicken Jumpers" is a banned pun under the 1985 Human Rights in Punnery Act. Please desist.

Back
Top Bottom