Announcement Changes afoot...

Do you like the new look?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks Jen.

The "new posts" algorithm on the old site wasn't particularly accurate so we decided not to implement it at this time.
However, I will put it on the "To Do" list for a possible future enhancement.

In the meantime, if you click on View new posts which is at the top of the Forum Index like so:

"View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics"

Then that will give you all new posts.

I've noticed a very slight glitch!

When I post a wave like this >> it seems to work OK.

<< and like this!

but if I try to centralise the smilie, it ends up like below...

Unless I put a full stop >>.<< in front of it.

.​

It's not a glitch as such, you just need to put a space between the smilie code and any brackets, e.g.

Code:
[align=center] :wave: [/RIGHT]

Like this :)

The same applies to any smilies in quote tags or buttons tags, etc.

P.S. I guessed that's what the . was for on the other post LOL

Right, so when I preview a post, I need to re-input the space between the smilie & the bracket before submitting! Talk about manual labour! LOL

And anyway, I'd like to think of the extra . was for aesthetic reasons! :snigger:

McZiderRed said:
Right, so when I preview a post, I need to re-input the space between the smilie & the bracket before submitting! Talk about manual labour! LOL
Yes, unfortunately spaces are parsed out when you go to preview mode :D

And anyway, I'd like to think of the extra . was for aesthetic reasons! :snigger:
I believe you ;)

There was some feedback that new posts weren't so obvious so I have swapped the "hot topic" and "new/unread post" icons around.

Hot topics will now have an orange outline as so and unread posts or forums with unread posts will now look like this.
Unread hot topics will have elements of both; an orange border and orange gradient fill.

You will most likely need to do a forced refresh to see the changes; CTRL+F5

I'll leave it like this for a week or so to get some feedback so can you let me know which style you prefer?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom