Cable car across the Thames

What can I say? Thank you Mr Brogan - if your penchant is for vacant lots, stagnant water ways, building sites and political follies that appears to be the ride for you. That said, I went to the Millennium Dome twice and loved it. Not been there since it was re-branded and started allowing shite music to be played.

I wonder if it will be as profitable as the London Eye. I remember working out a formula based on the number of pods, capacity of each pod, time taken for full revolution and opening hours and it was astonishing how quickly it would generate a profitable return.

If anyone was planning to try it out today, I'd leave it several hours - the queues are massive.

It's definitely a success as a tourist attraction, not so much as a transport link.

I'm sure they don't shake as much as the terribly frightening cable car at Alton Towers.

I hate that thing, Scariest ride at Alton towers. Always seems to stop when I'm at the highest part too.

This one has been stopping several times a day - I'm not sure why.

Some lucky sods yesterday were stuck at the top for about 10-15 minutes.
Bah! Wish it would have stopped when I was on it, there just isn't enough time to look around.

P.S. If anyone is planning to go on it, stop by for a cup of tea/beer/glass of wine :D

Busy again - I'm quite surprised how long people are prepared to queue for a 5 minute cable car ride over the Thames.

cable-car-queue.jpg

Oh dear, it looks like the cable car has suffered its first breakdown; the gondolas haven't moved for about 15 minutes.

The lucky sods at the top are getting a great view of London.

Edit: Just noticed the ticker on the BBC news site - London cable car service in Docklands suspended due to technical problems

Looks like there has been another major failure.
The cable stopped for a period of time again and now they're just running it slowly without passengers.

The busiest day since it opened too - not a very good advert.

Back
Top Bottom