Cable car across the Thames

Oh, didn't I say? :whistle:

Ah and... Must. Remember. Not. To. Enter. Lounge. Naked. When. Blinds. Are. Open.
I think I gave a few passengers a bit of an eyeful this morning :D

Here's a shot taken just now of it finished and working.
cable-car.jpg

I went to try to have a go on Saturday evening but it was a 3-hour queue. Definitely more a tourist attraction than a mass transport system (not least because, as previously discussed, it links two places you couldn't possibly need to travel between).

From Lisa vs the Monorail episode of the Simpsons:

Lisa: Hardly. I’d like you to explain why we should build a mass-transit system in a small town with a centralised population.
Lanley: Ha ha…young lady, that’s the most intelligent question I’ve ever been asked.
Lisa: Really?
Lanley: Oh, I could give you an answer, but the only ones who would understand it would be you and me…and that includes your teacher.
Lisa: <giggles>
Lanley: Next question…You there, eating the paste.

Could we substitute Bo Jo for Lisa and whoever came up with this stupid idea for Lyle Lanley?

Something's happening.
Looks like a new jetty/walkway is being moved into position - not sure what for exactly.

jetty.jpg

I have a feeling it's unconnected with the cable car, it's probably for the floating hotel/restaurant/swimming pool which is due to be installed there.

Just been for a ride :D

It's not cheap - £4.30 for a single ticket, £8.60 return, discounted to £3.20 and £6.40 if using Oyster.

Pic's coming soon - bloody camera battery died so it's charging at the moment :rolleyes:

Some badly composed photos (I was trying to control a hyper almost-two year old with one arm).

Videos are being uploaded to YouTube.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Now I know exactly how much passengers can see when looking in the lounge, I had better be careful LOL

Not much in the way of video unfortunately, the battery died :(

The gondolas don't actually stop, they slow down to a crawl and you have to board while they're moving.
Much like the London Eye.

It's not recommended for those who are afraid of heights.
It's around 90 metres above ground at the highest point and the gondolas shake quite a bit - even more if you move around :D

I'm sure they don't shake as much as the terribly frightening cable car at Alton Towers.

Back
Top Bottom