Buemi

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Sebastien Buemi has been confirmed as a Toro Rosso driver for 2009. His team-mate has not yet been confirmed. At 20, Toro Rosso have again gone for youth, and the question is will they back him up with experience. My money is on the newly re-named Sebastien Button (is he that desperate) or Sebastien Bourdais to join him! If he's as good as Vettel, then it has to be a good move, but can you strike gold twice in a row? He's only 20, so he must be highly rated.

Has Sebastien Coe got any F1 experience btw? How desparate are STR to appoint drivers named Seb?

:D

I must admit it was the first thought that crossed my mind when I heard the news.
That must be a record in itself; the team with the most drivers named Sebasti(e/a)n.

It will be interesting to see who he's paired with.

Brogan said:
:D

That must be a record in itself; the team with the most drivers named Sebasti(e/a)n.

I'm pretty sure that every F1 driver called Seb has driven for Toro Rosso. There have been no others than Bourdais and Vettel so far.

Indeed, if Vettel hadn't driven that one race for BMW then TR would have been the ONLY team to have ever had a driver called Seb. That they have just signed their third Seb really is weird. After all, Buemi only finished 6th in his second season in GP2 and was slower than Sato in testing, hardly the best driver available.

Back
Top Bottom