BTCC BTCC calender 2011

Knockhill is a crazy circuit. Brilliant for BTCC but crazy!!!

Thinking of going to Thruxton for next years event, the other option would be Rockingham. Any suggestions on which one would be better to do?

Rockingham is a great circuit to visit, you can see the whole track from the main grandstands but I've not been there for BTCC so not sure what the racing is like.

Thruxton is roughly the same, you can see 95% of the track from the viewing area, not sure on the grandstands as never bothered with them.

Thruxton is the fastest track on the circuit though and can guarantee tyre failures.. ;)

Am going to try to make it this year as only live a few miles away..

RickD said:
Thruxton is roughly the same, you can see 95% of the track from the viewing area, not sure on the grandstands as never bothered with them.

Thruxton is the fastest track on the circuit though and can guarantee tyre failures.. ;)

Am going to try to make it this year as only live a few miles away..

Cheers for that Rick,

Thruxton is the better choice for me as it's my 'local' circuit on the calender (still 50 miles away though!) :thumbsup:

gally5 said:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86475

2011 BTCC calendar

1 April 2-3 Brands Hatch
2 April 16-17 Donington Park
3 April 30-May 1 Thruxton
4 June 4-5 Oulton Park
5 June 18-19 Croft
6 August 6-7 Snetterton
7 September 3-4 Knockhill
8 September 17-18 Rockingham
9 October 1-2 Brands Hatch
10 October 15-16 Silverstone

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

evelynz8735 said:
gally5 said:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86475

2011 BTCC calendar

1 April 2-3 Brands Hatch
2 April 16-17 Donington Park
3 April 30-May 1 Thruxton
4 June 4-5 Oulton Park
5 June 18-19 Croft
6 August 6-7 Snetterton
7 September 3-4 Knockhill
8 September 17-18 Rockingham
9 October 1-2 Brands Hatch
10 October 15-16 Silverstone

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

No problem, just my (very) little contribution to this site!

As a recent newbie myself, I can recommend heading to the hello thread to introduce yourself in the following link http://cliptheapex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31 The regulars are definitely a friendly bunch!

Thanks for the calendar guys; as a couch potato who has watched all this seasons' events on ITV4, I have vowed to visit as many as I can next season, so the heads up on the dates is a nice reminder to put them in my diary.
As I live in North Herts and my mum lives in Dorset (Thruxton being conveniently about half way between the two) I am aiming to go to at least Thruxton, Donington and of course Silverstone which is my nearest circuit and next season's finale, and if possible Brands Hatch too.
I would also love to get to Oulton Park, never having been there, but it's a fair old trek. Does anyone have any experience of that circuit and/or advice as to whether it would be worth the effort?

Back
Top Bottom