BTCC BTCC 2010

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
For those of you who don't watch BTCC, you're missing some great racing.

Today was no exception with 3 excellent, if short, races.
Each one included the usual pushing and shoving but there was also some great racing with superb defending and overtaking throughout.

I thought Gordon Sheddon crossed the line on race 1 though when he pushed Rob Collard onto the grass on the final lap.
If it wasn't for that then Rob would have had the win.

Jason Plato's run of bad luck continues with a wheel problem in race 3 whilst running in 3rd.
Earlier in the season he had 2 retirements in one weekend due to a faulty sensor. A problem which the WTCC and BTCC Chevrolet teams haven't seen before or since.
If not for that I'm fairly sure Jason would be leading the standings, as it is, he is 8 points behind Matt Neal with the season at halfway.

Full standings and results here: BTCC 2010 Standings

Yeah, I knew it was on, I even checked the times yesterday and worked out what I could watch. Teh I got sucked in by the footie this afternoon and forgot all about it.

It looks like Chevy and Honda (particularly) are getting their act together and stealing a bit of a march.

Tom Onslow-Cole was the big beneficiary in the last race and I could see him putting together a title challenge. Snetterton and Silverstone should suit the Focus.

One wonders how many points the defending champion might have scored in the same car as Rob Collard, though.

I never watch the actual program, it's too long.

However, thanks to the extended break, I've just discovered that the series link and recording wasn't reinstated so I've missed the first race.

Thanks Sky! >:( :censored: :givemestrength:

I watch if I'm home, got lots of 'work' to do today so it's a useful thing to have on in the background. Ginetta Juniors is always a good watch as well.

*edit*
If it is 'the' Adrian Newey he's been taken to hospital after a crash. Apparently he was also in trouble with the stewards during an earlier session, perhaps getting some practice in for Spa. :D

Nasty smack that was! He got spun out and hit in the side. He didn't get out of the car, but they said an hour or so later he was in one piece just being checked over... Arms, legs, neck, everything ok except the bit of his brain that designs F1 cars :embarrassed: :nah:

Great racing though yesterday!

Yeah, I missed the last race but most of what I saw was pretty good. Those Fords have got some poke out the corners, even after they tried to restrict them for the second race.

I might add that Newey only went to hospital as a precaution because that was his second accident of the weekend not because he had any serious injuries. I had no idea he was an actual racer.

Bullfrog said:
Yeah, I missed the last race but most of what I saw was pretty good. Those Fords have got some poke out the corners, even after they tried to restrict them for the second race.

I might add that Newey only went to hospital as a precaution because that was his second accident of the weekend not because he had any serious injuries. I had no idea he was an actual racer.

He does have his own brand new Red Bull

Adrian has been a frequent participant in the Goodwood Revival Meeting for a number of years, sharing old Jaguars with Bobby Rahal on a number of occasions.

What his employer thinks about such a potentially risky activity I cannot imagine. Suffice to say that he is in a better position to dictate terms than most employees.

Just watching the BTCC highlights. Why didn't anyone warn me Louise :sick: Goodman was the presenter

:sick:

Well Plato's title chance could be over again this year after a collision in race 1 resulted in him going out with broken suspension.

Unsurprisingly it involved Matt Neal and as usual Neal escaped without damage, scoring valuable points.

Ironically, Neal manages to do the same move several times every race, pushing drivers off the circuit to make up places.

Brogan said:
Well Plato's title chance could be over again this year after a collision in race 1 resulted in him going out with broken suspension.

Unsurprisingly it involved Matt Neal and as usual Neal escaped without damage, scoring valuable points.

Ironically, Neal manages to do the same move several times every race, pushing drivers off the circuit to make up places.

That one was Jason's fault, though. I stand by my position that they're as bad as each other; and would love to see Flash Gordon or Tom Onslow-Cole win it as a result.

Galahad said:
That one was Jason's fault, though. I stand by my position that they're as bad as each other; and would love to see Flash Gordon or Tom Onslow-Cole win it as a result.
Agreed, it was 100% Jason's fault but Matt had already pulled the same move twice in that race and got away with it.

I'm in the "anyone but Neal" camp so Gordon or Onslow-Cole would be fine with me :D
Gordon would be better though for obvious reasons...

A superb recovery drive from Jason Plato in race 2, coming from the back of the grid to finish 3rd.

Matt Neal given a drive through for creeping :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom