Bone dome kerfuffle

If a sponsor has a recognisable logo such as Vodafone or Monster then they place that logo on the top of the helmet so that it can be seen from the camera mounted above the the drivers head during on board shots this is not easily seen from any other angle, which confirms that the tip of the helmet is the best bit.

I told you I'd do the jokes...

From the way the article is written I think he planned to wear it but then they brought the rule in. At least it's one less bit of sycophantic corporatism stopped.

This rule is a complete nonsense. They can wear a different helmet, just not too different. Because for sure Hamilton wears a different helmet in practice than in qualifying or the race. But its not too different I guess? :yesss:

I suppose he had to adopt Malaysia as Mercs home race cuz there ain't no German one anymore, If VW ever thought about coming into the sport they bloody won't now..

It just goes back to the fact that the rule is farcical. If they want to p their money away on fancy helmets let them do it, it doesn't impact my enjoyment of the race in the slighted one way or the other.

Mephistopheles You've got to think it'll be sorted out for next year ...

Back
Top Bottom