Gaming Black Mesa (Half-Life)

I've never tried half life what type of game is it? Mass Effect type thing which I got bored with half way through the first game or a tactical type game such as ghost recon....

Do you need anything else to run the game?
I tried to download it when it came out but all I kept getting were parts 2 and 3 so gave up.

I'm not sure what you mean by only being able to get parts 2 and 3, but I believe that if you install Steam and create an account then you should be able to play Black Mesa without owning any games. What happens is when you install Black Mesa it appears in your Steam list of games and then when you try and run it for the first time (via Steam) it will download the Source engine, which is required to run the game.

You can set Steam not to start at login etc. so it doesn't get in the way, and every now and then they have sales where you can pick up some bargains. Here's the link to install Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/about/

By the time you've done all that you will be pushing 10GB of downloads (both Black Mesa and the Source engine are about 4.5GB), but it will be worth it!

It might have been useful if the instructions had stated that Steam is required to play the game...

Not having ever done any gaming on the PC, it's all new to me.

Hahahahahaha I'm loving it, I never played the original so it's an all new half life for me, where's me crowbar.........?

DIE DIE DIE.....

:D

I think the Orange Box is still my favourite gaming experience even now.

If you have an Xbox I'd definitely recommend picking that up - you can get it dirt cheap now and I think there are 3 or 4 different games.

Back
Top Bottom