Television Best and worst of Television!

I just rewatched Firefly. I can't believe Fox cancelled it. Perhaps it didn't help that they aired the episodes in the wrong order (the pilot was last!), it aired at the start of the baseball season, aired only 3 episodes then had weeks of not putting an episode out etc.

Not only was it brilliant but it also had some much potential. What kind of other show (that gets cancelled halfway in season 1) gets a feature film and goes to Comic-Con 10 years later.

:disappointed: >:(

Some of my faves: Edge of Darkness, The House of Cards Trilogy, Dr Who (The original 1963 - 1989 Series not this new touchy feely bull), Red Dwarf, Drop the Dead Donkey, The Young Ones, Columbo, Not Going Out, Have I got news for you.

Some of my hates: Soaps, Anything involving Victoria Wood, Loose Women.

What with the advent of Sky+ and Tivo, you can pretty much watch only what you like these days.

I'm far too cheap for that tho, so I bought an HD freeview card and cannibalised an old desktop pc and turned it into a media server.

I quite enjoyed Heroes but it got wrecked by writer's strike in the US

Don't know if this should go in the guilty pleasures thread but there is an awful lot of gun based American shit that I love - Sons of guns - combat pawn etc etc - oh and the walking dead - Braiiiiiiins.

Heroes series 1 was really good, there could have gone in some many directions and had so many potential new story arcs. Yes the Writers strike did not help matters but at the same time, in series 2 it did shoot up its own chuff as well. It stated taking itself way to seriously and the plot became the traditional good mutant people vs bad mutant people with the shadow governent organisations etc (yawn) (see Buffy, X-Files etc etc) and the plot virtually stood still.

Shame because it all started so well.

Yeah, the writers' strike ruined a lot of series.

Walking Dead is great.

Lost was the biggest disappointment ever in terms of television series - what an absolute cop out the way it ended >:(

Ok now I have to ask what is that about? :D
... not sure if this is a rhetorical question ... but anyway; Freaks are the same as Jocks and Geeks ... well everybody know that they are. It's a series from the late 90's that was set in the 80s. It depicts its characters in a non-stereotypical way and they`re so real that sometimes is embarrassing to watch ... just see this:
:)

Community is a must watch.

It's a quality comedy and is unique, and has more than just one joke that makes you laugh.

My favourite character is Pearce :)

What I'm watching:

Boardwalk Empire - I've just started watching it and have several seasons to catch up on. It seems it's slowly warming up after an episode or two.
The Walking Dead - My interest has waned on this of late. I'm not sure why as it's a great series but I think it may be a blip in the vein of me thinking "oh look, more conflict, more gore, more zombies". I'll definitely keep watching though.
Modern Family - Loving it. 23 minutes per episode of laughter therapy...and Sofia Vergara. Enough said. :heart:
Suits - Witty, sharp and clever. Can't wait for the next season already.
Homeland - Hurry up next season!
The Newsroom - Hurry up next season!
Game of Thrones - Hurry up next season! I love how no-one is ever safe in this.
Dexter - Probably one of my all time favourite shows. Hurry up next season!

Back
Top Bottom