Television Best and worst of Television!

Not sure where this would fit best, but I didn't think it deserved a new thread, so this seemed the best of the options.

It's the second bloody British Invasion. There are at least five US television shows starring a Brit playing an American, as well as a sixth starring a Brit who is supposed to be a Soviet Russian impersonating an American. And a recent highly-touted US WWII docu-drama starred a Brit as a US Army officer (same actor as plays the US Marine who might be a terrorist in the "Homeland" telly series, Damian Lewis). I'm surprised this has not inspired Mel Gibson to ride a horse through Burbank, shouting, "The Redcoats are coming!"

Most British TV series that are "translated" into American lose something along the way, but I have to say "Shameless" is an exception to that rule. I didn't last the first series of Channel Four's version but I rarely miss an episode of the US show. The basic details are similar to the UK version but overall I find it a far more sophisticated show.

Character development is rather cartoonish in the Ch4 version, rather like "The Simpsons" with real people. The US version's characters are much more 3-dimensional.

Character development is rather cartoonish in the Ch4 version, rather like "The Simpsons" with real people. The US version's characters are much more 3-dimensional.
In which case, they have the show completely wrong!

I'll bet that if I made two columns one head the the best of TV and the other head the worst then the worst would be 50 times longer than the best..

I was walking past a news stand the other day and one of the papers had the headline.

BRUCE QUITS STRICTLY.

What kind of a world do we live in when THAT CRAP is headline news????

Last edited:
True Detective, excellent detective serie with some fantastic acting by Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. Very well written story with some great atmosphere.

Fargo, never seen the movie but the serie got me after the first episode. Some scene's might look harsh, but hey, those things happen in real life.

Back
Top Bottom