Bernie

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
Oh dear, oh dear.

I think the dementia must be finally kicking in :?:

Bernie Ecclestone, the Formula One chief, said yesterday that he preferred totalitarian regimes to democracies and praised Adolf Hitler for his ability to “get things done”.

Mr Ecclestone said: “I prefer strong leaders. Margaret Thatcher made decisions on the run and got the job done. She was the one who built this country up slowly. We’ve let it go down again......Max would do a super job. He’s a good leader with people. I don’t think his background would be a problem.”

Time for the comfy jacket and the rubber room :?:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 633340.ece

Some very odd comments in that interview.

You have to wonder whether he is still the best person for the job, bearing in mind his age, actions and comments of late.

I sometimes think Bernie has the last laugh in all these things. Everyone knows he's as sharp as a tack and rumour has it that you could enter the room to demand an improved contract and leave having just sold him your Granny.

Bernie has done this so many times before that it's all a little dull now. Remember the Lewis and Spanish fans comments.

cider_and_toast said:
I sometimes think Bernie has the last laugh in all these things.

Yeah, I think it is one of Bernie's favourite ploys to lure people into a false sense of security by making these dumb comments, trying to make himself seem little more intelligent than G.W. Bush. We know what Mr. Ecclestone is like by now, though...

As a working-class Brit I want an apology for the Thatcher comments!

Seriously, Max and Bernie are [LIBELOUS COMMENTS DELETED] with an octapus.

Back
Top Bottom