Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone attempted to qualify for a single World Championship event. He was in a Connaught-Alta, one of a fleet of three entered by himself. He finished qualifying 265.2 seconds off the pace, and his two team-mates failed to qualify as well.

He is, however, the most important single person in Grand Prix history. He took charge of Motor Racing Developments in 1972, from Ron Tauranac. He was the team principal for Nelson Piquet's two drivers' titles, but he'd lost interest by the time Brabham missed the deadline to enter the 1988 World Championship.

Into the governance of the sport he went, and he modernised it, and quickly controlled Formula One. He is now the leader of a billion-dollar industry. He is a divisive figure, but he's not done badly for someone who was four minutes off the pace on a Saturday in Monaco.

Such as the incident where Brabham were using a specially weighted wing which they would swap after scrutineering and on one occasion waved the wing at another team?

I don't believe I called Bernie a cheat, I said what he was suggesting Mercedes should have done could be considered cheating.

I don't believe saying or writing "allegedly" before a statement actually indemnifies you against a libel or slander allegation. In many respects now it is taken to mean "this is the truth, I dare you to sue me", or used as a vehicle for poor quality satire.

According to Berhie ToTo Wolff is peed off with Hamilton and is offering him, and possibly George Russel. But the gen was from the Express and they still; believe that Boris is the bees knees.

Back
Top Bottom