BBC F1 2012

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
The other thread has about outlived its usefulness, so here's a new one just for the BBC for the forthcoming season.

Their final line-up has been announced: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16516805.stm

Jake Humphrey remains as presenter, alongside chief analyst Eddie Jordan and co-commentator David Coulthard, while Ben Edwards joins as commentator.

Experienced F1 car designer Gary Anderson has been recruited as technical analyst, while Lee McKenzie remains as pit-lane reporter.

James Allen becomes Radio 5 live commentator, joined by Jennie Gow as radio pit-lane reporter.

I doubt it, won't DC reprise his role as 'driver's view'?
I'm trying to be positive.....erm....at least James Allen is better than Legard & they've held on to Lee McKenzie who is already known in the paddock.
Eddie Jordan as Chief Analyst, oh dear.

I'm torn i absoutely adore Ben Edwards his commentating is the best! With him you know that he follows the sport closely and that 9 times out of 10 he gets it correct. But i do like Crofty and Brundle aswell, both are passionate about the sport and really do give you that mixed bag you need in a commentary box.

TBH - I don't mind Jake, yeah he can be a bit of a wally at times but at least his heart is in the sport. Plus he likes to be one of the boys and thats what IMO makes a good presenter. I'd rather have someone who has a laugh than a boring old fart like Steve Rider. Also with EJ and DC you get one that has good links with the padock and gets alot of the big names to do interviews and the other gives you good analysts which is what makes the three of them a good team.

I'm guessing that with James Allen doing the radio commentary they'll give him guest commentators like ex and current drivers or ex or current team principals with Maurice Hamilton knocking around somewhere.

I’m with you there, I think Ben Edwards is absolutely great, it reminds of watching the practice sessions on euro sport in the mid 90’s with him and wotty commentating.

Until this new appointment, Gary Anderson co-commentated with Steve Slater on ESPN Starsport and also offered technical comment and insight.

He is, how should I say, a less-than-dynamic performer, looking rather as though he has been pulled from a long and enjoyable lunch to do his pieces to camera. It all seems a bit of a struggle. However, his technical and tactical insights during the races are sound and well considered.

He ia also a part time consultant to Dallara.

I think the BBC lost a bit when DC became commentator show wise, seemed a bit lonely with Jake and Eddie the Owl. I usually watch the analysis or post-race show talks, but last season with just Jake and Mr. Owl, I lost interest easily.

I don't know much about Ben Edwards, but he seems to be a favourite everywhere.

Don't know if I will watch the BBC coverage, with Martin Brundle gone they've lost their main asset. I can't watch a race coverage from one channel to another, it's like multi-tasking. LOL

I think the BBC lost a bit when DC became commentator show wise, seemed a bit lonely with Jake and Eddie the Owl. I usually watch the analysis or post-race show talks, but last season with just Jake and Mr. Owl, I lost interest easily.

I don't know much about Ben Edwards, but he seems to be a favourite everywhere.

Don't know if I will watch the BBC coverage, with Martin Brundle gone they've lost their main asset. I can't watch a race coverage from one channel to another, it's like multi-tasking. LOL

I liked Jake DC and 'Mr Owl' and I listened to Ben Edwards once he seemed good! And talk of laziness! 408 and 101/143 if you have HD!

Back
Top Bottom