BBC F1 2012

I never paid much attention to Channel 5! And DC was a great commentator I thought, and Martin was an awesome lead, they were a great commentary team

In F1 Racing mini-interview with Ben Edwards, he mentioned that:
a) he would commentate 'as live' for all races, and
b) there would be about 1 hour of race highlights for the non - live races.
Not long enough!

Just one hour? It really will feel like highlights then and not a delayed re-run. Better than nothing I suppose but I just don’t get the feel for the race with the highlights only. But I refuse to give Sky any more money. I can see the viewing figures gradually declining as people lose interest.
On the other hand it may improve some of the dull races at tracks like China, Spain, Monaco, Valencia, Singapore, Korea, Abu Dhabi…… ohh crap wait, they’re the BBC’s full races!

Jake Humphrey Tweeted that the BBC's opening titles have changed for next year, but that The Chain still remians.

Yes, instead of:

FORMULA ONE: THE AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX LIVE

it will instead say:

FORMULA ONE: THE AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX HIGHLIGHTS

I'm sure these superficial changes will help mask the fact the BBC are only showing half the races live :dunno: Credit to Humphreys, because he can't possibly believe the crap he's being told to say, and he's saying it very convincingly.

He's saying it convincingly enough to ensure that he remains as a BBC career presenter I think. Many people have to sell crap products, the danger is that the BBC becomes the K-Tel, Ronco or JML of sports broadcasting.

Good grief!
What the hell have they done to the website?

[bg=#FFE710]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/[/bg]

What a dreadful redesign.

Right here are three good reasons why I won't be watching F1 on the BBC this year :D

_58205915_f1talent.jpg

Dumb and dumber and dumberer LOL

Isn’t that the problem though? F1 should be available to everyone? Not just those that can afford it?
Sadly, eventually I can see it going Sky only once the BBC’s contract ends, I cant see Sky liking the idea of the BBC showing for free what they’re trying to sell.
Only the concord agreement can keep it free to air now, unless of course not enough people pay to watch it on Sky.

I think they've done well to engage new fans into following f1 - (better them than someone like Steve Rider)

Sky or BBC should have got Jim Rosenthal the gargoyle, the best F1 presenter from my time, his voice was even in the F1 2002 game :)

Is this a sign of what F1 2012 will be like for those of us stuck with BBC this year?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16933572

A 9:40 video supposedly previewing the 2012 season, and 2:30 have passed before Formula 1 is even discussed

Well if this is a sign of things to come (I lasted 47sec before turning the claptrap off) it's going to be bye-bye formula 1 Hello BTCC & MotoGP.
I find it incredibly sad in these days of so-called 'equality' that you can only watch national sports (F1, cricket, football) if you're priveleged enough to afford them.
I naively hoped the BBC could do a decent job of re-running the races.
it wouldn't grate so much if they had chosen the right races, the ones we really would be happy with highlights of we've got full races (Valencia etc) whereas an hour for Canada?!?! :givemestrength:

Back
Top Bottom