BBC F1 2012

Andrew Benson getting upset at Mercedes because they tweeted about Sky :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/#!/andrewbensonf1/status/167203715831443457

I can sense desperation setting in LOL

Edit: Looks like he deleted it, good job I have it on my timeline ROFL

tweet.png

Mr Benson jumping the gun before reading everything, Mercedes had already tweeted the BBC’s link 2 hours before the Sky one, and pulled him on it. Woops, silly boy.

merc tweet.jpg

Didn't the BBC overreact to the arrival of sponsorship in F1 and move to covering the races uses slot cars? Maybe they need to revisit this idea :snigger:

Forgive my ignorance, but I know HD coverage is available to certain Sky subscribers - will the BBC's coverage also be in HD, or not?

I wonder if the BBC will give over as much resource this week in testing as they did last week, i.e. bugger all?
Piss poor effort from the BBC so far and I wish they'd stop banging on about having all the bloody races this year. Dress it up all you want Beeb...although mythbusters proved you can indeed polish a turd I bet they couldn't disprove the fact that a pig in lipstick is still a pig, right? Bunch of arse.

I'm hoping they're going to concentrate their apparently scarcer resources on the stuff that matters.
I hear Jake's already got a new iPad (other tablets are available however), but EJ's shirt budget has been slashed. DC has also been instructed to wear darker jeans this year too, as the Beeb can no longer sustain his personal travelling Chinese laundry.
There are also unsubstantiated rumours that Lee McKenzie has forsaken her brassiere allowance altogether - all the better to secure the post-race soundbite, apparently...

;)

Look ahead for a dry qually, that's the weather at the moment, but on a more realistic note, Sky's first race. How much tension will there be between Brundle and Crofty?

Look ahead for a dry qually, that's the weather at the moment, but on a more realistic note, Sky's first race. How much tension will there be between Brundle and Crofty?
I think I heard somewhere that when the BBC got the rights in 2009, Brundle specifically stated he didn't want Crofty in the comm. box with him - so they got Legard instead.

As for the race, I think we could see a few surprises in qualifying - more specifically from Mercedes and Lotus, with Ferrari and Red Bull disappointing. And, as Caterham look quite good, I could see them sneaking a point or two. Oh, and in the first corner, anything could happen, with drivers being a bit rusty and all that.

I think I heard somewhere that when the BBC got the rights in 2009, Brundle specifically stated he didn't want Crofty in the comm. box with him - so they got Legard instead.
So who would be dropped first if there was a dispute? Pair the other DC with Ant like 5 live days or Martin and Ant?
Also the Mercs look very good over 1 lap, as do the renaults over long periods, I wish the mercs solved their tyre issues

So who would be dropped first if there was a dispute? Pair the other DC with Ant like 5 live days or Martin and Ant?
Also the Mercs look very good over 1 lap, as do the renaults over long periods, I wish the mercs solved their tyre issues
Probably Martin and Ant - although I won't be able to watch (unless there's some Russian website streaming it somewhere:whistle:;))
I also think Sauber will be reasonably good.

I can't wait for my first live race of the season, only 43 days to go...:disappointed:

Anyone know how long after the races the BBC highlights will become available?

I believe highlights for fly away races are on BBC 1 from 1PM on every highlights races with European race highlights at 5PM mate.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for this season to kick off. Excited already, for those who have Sky Sports News there's a special report at 7:30PM tomorrow.

I believe highlights for fly away races are on BBC 1 from 1PM on every highlights races with European race highlights at 5PM mate.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for this season to kick off. Excited already, for those who have Sky Sports News there's a special report at 7:30PM tomorrow.
Problem is it'll be about 1 hour of racing and 1 hour of talking. Also, no mention of the American races.:disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom