Gaming Batracer is GO!!!

GordonMurray said:
What a lot of unhappy people. :(

I'm sorry I ever suggested it (I'm still enjoying it though :snigger: )

Im enjoying it but its a bit too random for my liking.

Again, I retired in the minardi ...like what the hell.... >:(

Fernando Alonso (P10) makes a driver error at de Senna Corner. Fernando Alonso is out of the race!

:givemestrength:

As far as the Randomness goes Bro, There are so many differing combinations of set up. For example, You may have the same set up as your team mate but what are you Qually strategy sliders set too?? I like to put in a banker lap in Q1 because I know I'm fast enough to beat some people and I know I there are a few guys awol so I set the Qually slider to something like 70. That should be fast enough to get me into the top 15 without risking a mash up. In Q2 I want to try to be as fast as possible and set my slider to something like 85. Now this gives me a greater chance of stuffing it up but also a faster lap. Last time it got me into Q3 but this time I just missed out because I made a mistake. If I do make it into Q3 I know I'm not going to be as fast as the big boys so I set the slider back to something like 75 which and hope to capitlise on someone elses mistake and maybe get on to the 3rd row.

You see, there are so many variables that of course there will be a little randomness to it all.

I know it's frustrating and I didn't really get it when I first gave it a go. I have the cool tools thing now which really helps especially with one or two of the fine points and saves a load of driver chats becasue you can see what you team mate is doing without having to ask.

It also helps to have the settings suited to your characteristics. For example, I have 'Aggressive' and 'Pole Sitter King' as my two characteristics. So it would be a bad idea for me to be conservative or else I'd find myself down near the Renaults . My team mate, for example, is a 'Thinker' and 'Pole Sitter King'. This means that if he was to put his aggression bars as high as mine are then he would most probably crash because it wouldn't suit him. Also, because he is a 'Thinker' then he can get more reliable feedback on his setups. 'Charisma' is a characteristic which does this. The advantage of having both of us being 'Pole Sitter King' is that we can both put our Qualy strategy just that little bit higher without risking making a mistake.

Agreed GM, that is a great site :thumbsup:

Although clicking lap by lap on BATracer is almost as good as you still get to see position changes, etc.

cider_and_toast said:
I like to put in a banker lap in Q1 because I know I'm fast enough to beat some people and I know I there are a few guys awol so I set the Qually slider to something like 70. That should be fast enough to get me into the top 15 without risking a mash up. In Q2 I want to try to be as fast as possible and set my slider to something like 85.

WOW !!

My sliders were at 66 or so and AGAIN I have crashed out on warm-up and lost 4 laps worth.

That is now EVERY race I have lost both Practice and Warm-up laps. >:(

It has taken 9 runs to get the last parameter from the car - 9 runs!! and it seems some teams seem to get the readings in 1 run?????
With my sliders at that level I would have thought I would get more laps without crashing, THIS is why it doesn't make sense. I can't even put a banker lap in at 66 let alone 70 or so.

As regards to it being realistic i.e. Torro Rosso not being as quick as a Ferrari...etc. Surely there's no point in doing the game in any other team than Ferrari or Maclaren then?

Just a question.

Brogan said:
Agreed GM, that is a great site :thumbsup:

Although clicking lap by lap on BATracer is almost as good as you still get to see position changes, etc.

yep........ that yellow strip is great when it moves up :) just doesnt happen very often for me never mind, ill get there in the end :)

What a race! Kept my nose clean to finish third.

Pleased with my strategy, which seemsed to work well. Shame about my team-mate though. A problem with his exhaust meant a promising points paying/podium finish disappeared into the spanish ether.... Still, I got third though!

On to Istanbul. :snacks:

Not a bad result for Toro Rosso either.

My team mate won the race and I made up 5 places to finish 7th from 12th on the grid.

If it wasn't for my inexplicable departure from Q2 we could have been on for a 1-2....

Shocking race from the BMWs. From pole my team mate was jumped by the Toro Rosso and he kept losing time for some reason. I slipped down 9 (9!!!!) places at the start from 3rd. down to 12th but fought my way through to a decent 5th to put me 1 point behind that Ferrari. Actually a decent result in hindsight. :whistle:

It looks like your team mate took a gamble and set the car up for greasy/moist conditions.
That's why his set up was higher than everyone elses.

Unfortunately the first half of the race was bone dry which enabled my team mate to pull away as we were set up for dry :D

I don't have a team mate

We have 3 places on the grid that need to be filled by new drivers.

Other than that, I am quite enjoying struggleing in the Red Bull. I need to find some improvement from somewhere.

All good fun

C_A_T

Is it possible for new players to join though?

The sackings seemed to do nothing and if you select the game you get the following message:
"Game has already begun before you could complete sign up - somebody took the last place before you did - no more players may join this game. Please select another game."

It's a real shame for those without active team mates as you have a much more difficult job trying to get the correct set up.

I think GM needs to put the game number and password on the BATracer main forum. Newbies can't join during the season, though, so it would be pointless to advertise on any other place but that forum. So the empty seats would be filled up by players who are experienced (ish).

As newbies can't join mid-season then I guess we have no choice but to advertise on the BATracer forum.
I can't see a problem with that though, as has already been said, they will be experienced so will help those people who've been without a team mate.

Brogan said:
As newbies can't join mid-season then I guess we have no choice but to advertise on the BATracer forum.
I can't see a problem with that though, as has already been said, they will be experienced so will help those people who've been without a team mate.

ive initiated a sacking in another race and ive noticed that the number of setup laps i have has HALVED!!! how shat is that :givemestrength:

Woohoo. BMW front row. Again...

We would be running away with it if it wasn't for you pesky Ferrari powered kids.

Back
Top Bottom