Back to the Front

I think Fenderman, Ferrari had one key difference between 1995 and 1996. The drivers. They got more podiums in 1995 because they had Berger and Alesi, two drivers who were especially adept at taking 2nds and 3rds and scoring solid points. They got more wins in 1996 because they had Schumacher.

To be fair Ferrari came reasonably close to winning another 3 in 1995. There was that unbelievable misfortune at Monza that year when they were set for a one-two when Alesi's onboard camera detached itself and flew into the path of his team-mate in second, wrecking it on the spot. Alesi had chances at the two wet races towards the end of the season but should have changed his tyres at the Nurburg and his engine went in Suzuka.

I think you'll find Incubus, that the package marked "Alesi" came with "CAUTION: May suffer ludicrous, melodramatic bad luck" written on the side! LOL

I think we can conclude that Ferrari improving from 1995-6 is somewhat of a myth.

I think you'll find Incubus, that the package marked "Alesi" came with "CAUTION: May suffer ludicrous, melodramatic bad luck" written on the side! LOL

I think we can conclude that Ferrari improving from 1995-6 is somewhat of a myth.
Alesi was a favourite of mine and it was quite frustrating this amount of bad luck, I think comparable to that of another ferrari driver, Chris Amon, the best driver not to win a single race, his bad luck being legendary.

Back
Top Bottom