BTCC Anyone else follow the BTCC?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
After F1, this is my next favourite motorsport.

Nothing beats BTCC for wheel-to-wheel action and there's always some action in every race.
Just a shame the races are so short.

Last year I was really hoping Jason Plato would win it but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
This year it looks like Fabrizio Giovanardi already has it all but sewn up.

Nope, ashamed to say I've never watched it

I did actually broaden my motorsports viewing last weekend by watching the WRC Rally highlights from Greece on DAVE TV :o .

Quite enjoyed the rallying, so maybe I should have a look at BTCC as well.
Any idea when its next on and where can I see it?

saltirelass said:
Nope, ashamed to say I've never watched it
:o ;)

Any idea when its next on and where can I see it?
Funny you should ask that :)

I've put all the remaining F1 and BTCC dates in the Calendar which is available here.
You can also get to it by clicking on Calendar on the blue bar top left.

TV timetable is here.
The races are shown live on ITV 4 with repeats on ITV 1.

Wow Saltaire lass you should get your peepers on to the BTCC as soon as possible, its amazing. Been watching it now for several years and nothing can rival it.

Oh yes. Possibly the most exciting racing you'll see.

Does anyone remember when Volvo were racing the estate cars as they performed better than the salons?

Take care

TMF

TheMediaevalFighter said:
Does anyone remember when Volvo were racing the estate cars as they performed better than the salons?
Only the sensible Swedes would ever go racing in an estate car lol

Brogan said:
Only the sensible Swedes would ever go racing in an estate car lol

They did alright as it goes but it was quite funny to see a racing estate car and one about a mile long as well ......

Take care

TMF

They did alright as it goes but it was quite funny to see a racing estate car and one about a mile long as well ......
I remember it well. :)

BTCC has had a bit of a hit-and-miss success rate when it comes to the general British viewing public.
It would seem that it's back on the up again now after securing a good contract with ITV, albeit it's shown on ITV4.

Who knows, in a few years it may even be on one of the main "terrestrial" channels... :dunno:

Here's hoping.

Brogan said:
After F1, this is my next favourite motorsport.

Nothing beats BTCC for wheel-to-wheel action and there's always some action in every race.
Just a shame the races are so short.

Last year I was really hoping Jason Plato would win it but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
This year it looks like Fabrizio Giovanardi already has it all but sewn up.

Hell Yeah!
I think its the best out there at the moment on pure racing along with the Aussie V8's. Ive been watching the BTCC since 1998, sort of missed out of the best of the supertouring era, but its definatly on the up now, Im a fan of Mat Jackson

BTCC is devastatingly brilliant fun to watch. I've got piccies from Rockingham and Donington this year if you're interested, although the last round at R'ham was a complete wash-out.

I think Giovanardi deserved it last year as his car control is astonishing, but Racin' Jason went massively up in my estimations for even bothering to turn up after his Caparo experience. Matt Neal is a cock (IMO).

Great value to go and watch too - about £21 if you buy your tickets in advance, and you get over 10 races on the Sunday, including all three BTCC rounds.

markxero said:
I've got piccies from Rockingham and Donington this year if you're interested, although the last round at R'ham was a complete wash-out.
Love to see them.
Stick them in the gallery and I'll create a new category for BTCC.

Matt Neal is a cock (IMO).
What he did on the last race last season was despicable.
As a few commentators said, Jason was Racing 4 Vauxhall's that day....

Great value to go and watch too - about £21 if you buy your tickets in advance, and you get over 10 races on the Sunday, including all three BTCC rounds.
Yep.
Slightly cheaper than F1 LOL

I watch it when I remember it is on and not doing much else. Went to Thruxton this year (As it is so close to where I live) and got some pics (Can load some if you want, but where?!?). Not the best place to watch a race, but think they are building another viewing bank further around the circuit.

It was a very full day of racing and being able to walk around the pits beforehand is a definite eye opener. Would recommend going to a BTCC event over F1 due to the amount that is given back to fans.

RickD said:
(Can load some if you want, but where?!?)
If you look just under the site logo, there are links to the other pages; Portal, Wiki, Blog and Gallery.
Click on the Gallery and you will be able to upload your images.

There's already a BTCC category created so you can create a new album under that :)

Just in case you miss this on the chat. The permissions to add a gallery are set to the wrong level. I can add a gallery under donnington 2008, but can't add one under the BTCC level.

Well it was another disastrous weekend for SEAT again.
The mysterious engine problem they had 2 weeks ago struck again which means Giovanardi has all but wrapped up the championship again for this year.

Such a shame as it was facing up to be a fairly exciting finish, just like last year.

can you fill me in on what happened?

completely missed it lloked at my tv listings and the BTCC wasn't on, thought it was a bit strange has i could of sworn that there was, and obviously i was right

It was on ITV4 from around 1230 for 90 minutes and then around 1600 for another 90 minutes.

Jason Plato won the first race quite comfortably.

He was leading the second race with a fairly decent lead when his car again suffered the same problem as 2 weeks ago.
Some sort of loss of power but it's not known what exactly as SEAT aren't giving away any details.

So as a result, Giovanardi actually increased his lead over Plato and the title is all but his.

There was some good action though and as it was a very hot and dry weekend, there was a lot more racing and a lot less accidents.

Back
Top Bottom