Another US GP where some of the teams pit after the warm-up lap?

I just can't see it happening. In 06 it was over issues of tyre safety. The three of them haven't got the minerals to do it for money. I would laugh myself silly if they did but no one takes Bernie on like that. The cheese may no longer be in the centre of his cracker but he wouldn't stop kicking any team who dared to do that, for months and months.

I'm not so sure. If the team's survival is questionable, what would they have to lose? Bernie is already pushing for 3-car teams, pretty much making it obvious that he wants to be rid of the smaller teams anyway. On motorsport.com, the estimate for running a third car is $30 million! Clearly, the non-manufacturer teams don't have the wherewithal to meet that kind of mandate, so why not tweak Bernie's nose by making him look bad in one of his most coveted markets?

It might be the last time they go racing if they do.

Then again, it might be the last time they go racing if they don't.

Maybe they should paint their cars in Mercedes / Ferrari / McLaren colours instead.

I don't know what BE is up to, but he seems quite indifferent to the fact that they may lose even more teams. He seems quite cheerful when he says there may only be 14 cars on the grid next year.
What on earth is he (and FIA) planning?

World domination. Or maybe he will convince CVC that it is in their best interests to get out before everything falls apart. Then along will come a consortium headed by someone who is a front for a certain BCE and keeps the said gentleman out of sight until it is too late.

Looks like this going ahead, the 3 teams are going to do the first lap of the USA GP and pull into the pits on lap 2 as a protest, with Lotus, Sauber & Force India taking the opportunity to protest for the need of better distribution of money amongst the teams.

It needs to happen, how can a business turn over £1,000,000,000 a year and can't even put 20+ cars on the tarmac.

I would hate to see 3 car teams, as the issue we have today will only come about in years to come.

F1 needs to be told to sort this out, and how better if embarrassed in front of the market they are trying to work hard in.

With Adrian Sutil qualifying in the top 10, does anyone think that could change Saubers stance in the event that there was going to be a boycott???

This boycott will never happen. It's media hypo.
Think it wasn't just hype, looks like the 3 teams have got through the threat and discussions Saturday night at least Bernie to say he's screwed up the way finances are distributed.

Problem for Bernie now is those finance contracts with the big teams are locked in until 2020, so the big teams are going to be annoyed if Bernie renegades.

So the big teams are not going to want to vote to reduce their income are they. For example Ferrari receive £100,000,000 from a £630,000,000 pot, Marussia received £14,000,000, oh and Ferrari bonus included a bonus for being Ferrari which is rumoured to be more in value than Marussia receive all season.

So Bernie is between a rock & a hard place.

Annoy the big teams and give other teams more money but potentially save the F1 spectacle.

Or keep it as the Status Quo and watch the F1 grid drop to 14 cars for 2015, assuming Force India & Lotus have already indicated they can't afford another season.

Personally I want something done as this season has been so damn boring, the noise, the 2 horse race, etc. That boredom will only get worse with 7 teams of 3 cars, because then someone has to be the peasant on the grid, soon would it go to 6 teams in 2016, 5 teams in 2018 etc.

& if anyone shoots me down, got a few words.

Wake up and smell the bacon.

I think they only way this would have happened is if the poorer teams knew for a fact that they weren't going to survive. They'd have nothing to lose if this was the case but going on 'strike' knowing they'd be racing next year would be suicidal.
It sounds like a behind-the-scenes deal has been struck. I'm rather disappointed some senior members now seem to be claiming they knew nothing of such action though.

I think they only way this would have happened is if the poorer teams knew for a fact that they weren't going to survive. They'd have nothing to lose if this was the case but going on 'strike' knowing they'd be racing next year would be suicidal.
It sounds like a behind-the-scenes deal has been struck. I'm rather disappointed some senior members now seem to be claiming they knew nothing of such action though.
But then again they would say that, as they don;t want any libel later on if Multi million pound operations go pear shaped...........

Back
Top Bottom