Adverts to return to F1

The coverage back in the 90's on Eurosport was pretty good but I can't imagine they will stump up Bernie sized amounts of cash for F1 nowadays. I can see C4 doing a good job, when the test cricket was on their coverage was every bit as good as the BBC's.

Don't the Beeb still have 3 years to go on their contract though? Perhaps the new product placement rules will let them use it as a revenue stream? DC and EJ could do with some new outfits if nothing else, maybe Stella McCartney would like to knock up some new threads for them. Given DC's love of all things Red Bull it's not too great a leap to see them all supping from tins of Mateschitze horrible brew during the pre-race warm up.

This pre-dates me but when cars first carried advertising didn't the BBC boycott F1 leaving Raymond Baxter to explain the race with toys cars?

I would imagine anything were you spend that amount of money the Accountants will have get out clauses in there just in case things go 'Tits up' as they say. Just if the agreement was cast iron, rumour's like this wouldn't get out and someone from a another TV provider would confirm Any contract with Bernie is Cast Iron and the BBC have no chance. In light there is nothing of this ilk, you'd have to think BBC could bail @ the end of the season.......

& to add, yes product placement for EJ, could do a roaring trade in 70's Disco gear.....

eddie_jordan.jpg

The coverage back in the 90's on Eurosport was pretty good but I can't imagine they will stump up Bernie sized amounts of cash for F1 nowadays. I can see C4 doing a good job, when the test cricket was on their coverage was every bit as good as the BBC's.

Don't the Beeb still have 3 years to go on their contract though? Perhaps the new product placement rules will let them use it as a revenue stream?

Arn't BBC excluded from the the product placement rules, as they command money from the TV license holder?
Im pretty sure ive read that somewhere.

The product placement rules were changed this month.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12038707

It doesn't specifically mention the BBC though.

I think it includes the BBC as well - Then again from one angle F1 is just one huge product placement anyway....

Here comes the chappy to hand your watches before you nip out onto the podium make sure they are outside the cuff chaps - don't forget to stop by the pits for your nice clean overalls and hat.

Lewis-Hamilton-and-Jenson-Button_2445219.jpg

Back
Top Bottom