Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

Although I'd rather Kobayashi be given the seat, Sutil would deserve a seat in F1 on merit IMO, particularly based on his 2011 performance. I'd just be happy if Karthikeyan is booted out of F1.

Sutil back in F1 be interesting to see what happens when he crosses paths with Hamilton.

He 'll be rusty you'd think which could to some potential embarassment

He is a good racing driver. I would like to see him back in F1 personally. We have all ****ed up from time to time, some more than others. I am sure he is trying to put the incident behind him and that it is not fully indicative of his character.

I'm not against him coming back in F1. It is just a question of how much the year out has cost him in terms of racing ability...several people have proved how difficult it can be to get back into F1 after taking year out or two lacking in sharpness and speed

Even Kimi last year lost a bit of his speed and aggression and had to sacrifice for consistency instead

Brogan

Hard to say really because he did show briefly in 2008 and 2009 at times but kept getting clobbered by a red Ferrari

EJ thinks he has potential to be world champion but then I could not understand why he decided to haggle with Force India when he was getting an offer from Renault for 2011 season ... it nearly backfired as Force India had to find a way to pay off Liuzzi to get Di Resta in

This morning I had a moment of satori. Two, actually.

7341009Stallone-Sutil.jpg

Adrian Sutil is Sylvester Stallone's love child :snigger: ...and sunglasses are an inherited trait.

That will be very very interesting. I think at best FI will have to split the seat between Sutil and someone else as there are 2 GPs this season where he is automatically disqualified for a visa without political intervention (Australia and China), and 2 more where he has to apply, get declined then appeal to the appropriate department for a waiver over his conviction (US and Canada). Those are just to my knowledge, I haven't checked the rules for all the other countries he might like to go to. In fact, the only countries he won't get some delay over his ability to race will be in europe as he is a european citizen hence can visit and work without a visa process.

F1 may be a rich sport, but these countries won't just change the process for Bernie (if Bernie even decides to get involved).

Interesting canis I has suspected this was the case. This of course would mean he wouldn't be around for the opener. Unless of course this hyge FI delay was about them getting his visa sorted for Melbourne.

RasputinLives Aus is going to be their biggest challenge to be honest as a history of violent crime (whether spent conviction or not) is grounds to decline any visa application. If he shows up without a visa then he is automatically detained and put on the next flight home, if his visa is declined and he shows up the same happens. You can appeal the visa process but in most cases you have to wait until the conviction is older than 5 (or in more serious cases 10) years old. The process can take years to get through if you really want to push for a visa as it becomes a political decision rather than a departmental one.

China is on the whole a political decision anyway, and there are always ways and means to get around any declined visa application with the right incentive applied to the right group of people.

The US you have to declare ALL convictions for violent crimes whether spent or not under the current agreement, it is then judged on a case by case basis, but the chances are his initial application will be declined and he will have to appeal the decision. And Canada will follow very much the same rules as the US other than for commonwealth citizens who get a slightly easier ride...

Great info canis and all rings true from what I've heard although he is insisting this isn't the case. Although what he's actually said is it won't restrict travel never mentioned work visas.

Sounds to me like FI will announce a seat share and Bianchi will get the GPs in the countries they can't get him into.

Back
Top Bottom