Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

18 months mean he'll be clear is actually July 2013 so middle of next season. I tend to agree that I don't think he'll be back either but it'd be interesting to see if he attempts too. If he puts himself on the market with some heafty money behind him he'll be a hard one for the teams needing pay drivers to resist considering his career record. I could certainly see one of the back of the grid teams taking a gamble on him if he had funds. I'll be interested to see if he bothers though. If I were him I'd move over to the IRL and start a new career.

Sutil has been paid through his sponsors whilst at Force India there is a chance he might end up there again assuming either one of its current drivers will move to bigger teams

I see Caterham, Sauber and Williams\as his favoured destination given they all need sponsor drivers

Sutil has been paid through his sponsors whilst at Force India there is a chance he might end up there again assuming either one of its current drivers will move to bigger teams

I see Caterham, Sauber and Williams\as his favoured destination given they all need sponsor drivers

Again we're assuming his sponsor still wants to be associated with him

Indeed so, look how quickly all of Renault's sponsors jumped ship after "Crashgate".

Sutil's situation is slightly different with Renault's

Renault was down to Flavio Briatore being corrupt and seriously damaging the brand name

Sutil's sponsors are personally associated with him not the team and so he obviously has good contacts then

Sutil's situation is slightly different with Renault's

Renault was down to Flavio Briatore being corrupt and seriously damaging the brand name

Sutil's sponsors are personally associated with him not the team and so he obviously has good contacts then

Yes contacts who now thing "hmmmm shall we be associated with a guy convicted of assault!" - not sure how you put him in a different category to Flav

Yes contacts who now thing "hmmmm shall we be associated with a guy convicted of assault!" - not sure how you put him in a different category to Flav

well think about the number of bad boys that Nike have associated on their books then you can put Sutil in that category with his sponsors

As for Renault - like I said their problems were caused by Flavio but obviously sponsors do not like being associated with a guy who would seriously cheat to win by staging a crash

Flavio - broke sporting regulations but never actually committed a crime

Sutil - Criminal record

Who's was worse?

as for Nike having bad boys on their books - yes they do - but only succesful bad boys. I'm afraid Sutil doesn't have that sort of cred and is likely to dropped like a stone.

Flavio - broke sporting regulations but never actually committed a crime

Sutil - Criminal record

Who's was worse?

as for Nike having bad boys on their books - yes they do - but only succesful bad boys. I'm afraid Sutil doesn't have that sort of cred and is likely to dropped like a stone.

I don't condone what either person did but clearly the sponsors may overlook Sutil's blemish to get exposure as the usual spiel its his private life which they are not interested in.

Flav what he did was seriously damage a brand by association being the team boss of the racing team. Renault is a global brand and has a reputation to maintain. The fact by association other sponsors think Renault are a bunch of cheats or allowed Briatore to take such unethical practices is what the sponsors don't want

ING were going to quit sponsoring F1 anyway due to the credit crunch but crash gate hasten their exit soon

I am not sure how global Sutil's sponsors are ? Therefore they use F1 to get the exposure

Well as one of his sponsors is a drinks company to me it seems like being associated who was charged with assult after glassing someone in a bar is not the best image for them!

Well as one of his sponsors is a drinks company to me it seems like being associated who was charged with assult after glassing someone in a bar is not the best image for them!

Like I said some companies see it as a personal matter and nothing to do with them etc although there may have been talks about it long and hard between the two parties

I don't know, I think Nike could find an angle myself...
nike.jpg

Mr Sutil is insisting his F1 career isn't over

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99621

However reading between the lines in that interview it would appear he has lost his sponsorship deals

"We are not offering money," said Sutil. "After five years, people know that I'm good and I don't need to bring sponsors.
I want a normal salary for my driving and that's it. I want to get treated like a race driver and it's important for the whole sport that the real talents are in the seats and not the drivers with the biggest money behind them."

a little hypocritical as his Capri-Sun deal was what propped him up for his driver with Force India but I guess once you lose your backing you play the merit card.

Rumours he can be found hanging outside the offices at Maranello shouting "giz a job!" can not be confirmed.

To be fair he's better than alot of guys who do have drives and was the best midfielder of last year thanks to Heidfeld not being around for the second half.

On merit he absolutely deserves a drive.

Back
Top Bottom