Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

and neither will it be Lewis's. I'm sure Mclaren will ask their drivers when it comes to that decision.

I don't think he fits the Mclaren mould for test drivers - they usually prefer drivers who are soley there for the purpose of development not to further their race career.

and neither will it be Lewis's. I'm sure Mclaren will ask their drivers when it comes to that decision.

I don't think he fits the Mclaren mould for test drivers - they usually prefer drivers who are soley there for the purpose of development not to further their race career.
Rubens?

What if Mclaren want Adrian to become Jenson's teammate in 2013? Lewis hasn't signed up to Mclaren for that season yet, so Mclaren might want to use this season to have a look at Adrian and see how he adapts to the team. I do think Lewis will eventually sign up but Sutil may relish the chance to join the team and who would blame him!

...........and if Jenson has any sense he'll say errrr no thanks. Where do you reckon all the technical info will be going first eh?

A Mclaren race driver must be a world class driver

A Mclaren test driver is as you say someone who is good at developing the car

I still think if Di Resta won;t go to Mercedes he will join Mclaren due to his contract with Mercedes but also he tested for Mclaren before and Lewis' dad manages him

What if Mclaren want Adrian to become Jenson's teammate in 2013? Lewis hasn't signed up to Mclaren for that season yet, so Mclaren might want to use this season to have a look at Adrian and see how he adapts to the team. I do think Lewis will eventually sign up but Sutil may relish the chance to join the team and who would blame him!

Hmmm interesting thought but its possible but I don't think he is high on Mclaren's wanted list

Mclaren cou;d have signed him on 2 different occasions (2008 and 2010) and chose not too. I don't think he's on their wanted list.

Sutil will not get a drive or test seat this season, purely because it is way too risky for any team to have him under contract at the moment.

There is a clause in the regulations over the super licence that basically has the "good and proper character" wording in it. It is possible that should the case against Sutil turn out to not be in his favour then he stands a chance of losing his super licence until the conviction is removed from his record. This is a risk for any team that part way into the season their driver/test driver suddenly isn't allowed on the track in a car. For that reason Sutil will take a year off and try again for next year, or may get a mid season test role once the court case is over...

Was he ever going to be a World Champion? I struggled to see him even as race winner so let's let some young blood have a go. Who knows, Hulkenberg might give di Resta such a kicking next year he'll be out on his ear or visa versa.

I think you mis-read the post - he said he was turning into Nick HEIDFELD - not a superior driver ;)
Thankyou that is what I meant staying too long at one team going nowhere or stuck in midfield and nothing to gain and more to lose:thumbsup:

As I said Sutil should have signed the Renault contract last year when offered instead of going back to Vijay and demanding more money . He did not have much to gain other than beat DI Resta which he should be doing given its a rookie and he's been in the team for 4 years. He had more to lose unless he won a race in the wet or got an unexpected podium which neither happened

Yes he did look the glass of the midfield last year...ermmm......I mean class!

I'd say the sentence was fair enough - I don't care who you are or who's said anything to you thats noway to act - as for just the medical bills and community service - a fine has to be representative of how much someone earns in my opinion. I doubt $200,000 has crippled Mr Sutil money wise.

Back
Top Bottom