Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

We can discuss whether or not it may have an implication on his getting a drive.
As for his actual court case we do not have enough facts to discuss that.
Suffice to say "that he is innocent" until proven otherwise.

I'm sure we have no facts, there is no reason why we cannot speculate regarding the impact of a guilty verdict or otherwise.
I will be interested to find the specifics of the charges first, the likely punishment if a guilty verdict is returned then the actual punishment if guilt is proven.

I,ve already read that Sutil has been banned entry into China, and if true could make it hard for him to secure a seat on any team.

I,ve already read that Sutil has been banned entry into China, and if true could make it hard for him to secure a seat on any team.

Banned from China just like Eddie Jordan then(illegedly). That is likely to make things difficult for him - got an article link on that Lewy?

I can't see how the Chinese authorites can deny him entry. The incident happened in Shanghai its true.
But the Chinese police were not called and he is not facing prosecution in China.
This is case brought by Lux not the police and is being heard in Munich.
So the verdict and sentencing will be according to German law.

...........but Rubens will score more points than both and give then more media coverage to promise sponsors due to it being his celebrated 20th season than the other 2 put together?

I can't see how the Chinese authorites can deny him entry. The incident happened in Shanghai its true.
But the Chinese police were not called and he is not facing prosecution in China.
This is case brought by Lux not the police and is being heard in Munich.
So the verdict and sentencing will be according to German law.

This is China - they make they're own rules. Believe me they can do it!

This is China - they make they're own rules. Believe me they can do it!

its no different to the UK banning people with criminal past into the country like they tried to stop Mike Tyson fighting against Lewis in Britain because of his conviction

The fact is Sutil committed the alleged crime in CHina so its their territory he's going into so they can ban him if it that's the case

Bottom line is Sutil having looked so promising a few weeks back saying he had a lot of options now may have to sit out for 1 season

But as yet Sutil hasn't been convicted, so it is very different.
True. Also from my little knowledge of international law I don't believe that one can be convicted in a German court for a crime committed in China, so I don't see how he could be banned from China. In Germany all Eric Lux can do is sue for compensation for the injuries caused.

Edit: Actually just seen that Eric Lux filed a criminal complaint which does allow for international prosecution.

But as yet Sutil hasn't been convicted, so it is very different.

Its like he's actually on bail.

Also saves the Chinese the hassle of having to extradite him etc which usually involves political and legal wrangles

CHina is a big country for Sutil to run and hide in the mountains - not saying he will although there have been some dodgy criminals that have fought the law in F1 in the past

Having his best season to date yet his career could be ended?

I think I have to agree with Rasputin when he says Paul Di Resta's PR blows things out of proportion. I was watching "Inside Grand Prix season review" and it was stated Paul Di Redta have Sutil "a very hard time on the track", I don't remember that being the case.

I don't really like Sutil, but that's really harsh.

If Barrichello feels hard done by, then what's I wonder what Sutil must be feeling.

But I guess assaulting someone is not going to help your cause either.

Back
Top Bottom