2022 Silly season

F1Brits_90

World Champion
with the success of 2021 thread, & could be another very interesting year as we are in the final year of the current regulations & 1st of the cost cap, could it be alot like 2008 where a good seat isnt a good seat in 2009

That allows Mercedes 5 things

- Concentrate on managing the supply of engines to 4 teams in F1
- Ineos would be footing some of Hamilton's salary
- A focus on Formula E
- Get more involved in Aston Martin as they own 20%
- Split the costs for the new reg

As for drivers one of the Alfa drivers to go and make way for Illott

What chance Illott doing a Russell and being supersub at Ferrari?

Interesting no update on Mazepin but will he be sacked before he turns a wheel for Haas?

At least 1 Merc driver will go

Last edited:
puts an end to any of speculation at the end of 2020. of gasly being eyed up by alpine. but you wonder where that leaves gasly & if he in a dead end

Screenshot_20210616-173036_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-173036_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-173036_Facebook.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 82
I will say its good Ocon like Norris has got his future sorted but he should competing alongside Verstappen and Leclerc more regularly.

He ought to be a front runner now

It does mean one less person fighting for the Merc seat. This deal is only good for him if Alpine can race at the front otherwise he is an unfulfilled talent

great news that he has signed for another 2 years, but i love to know the details of that 1yr deal. because i cant get my head around it. really confusing, what took him so long as signing a 1 year deal in march & then 4 months later signing a 2 yr deal. is odd. was he really thinking of retirement, was he looking for confirmation that they will be competitive in 2022 & he wont have 2008 - 2009 all over again.

but by the end of 2023 season he would be in top 20 oldest drivers, since japan 1976

It brings him in line with Verstappen's contract but I think Lewis will retire then

The other seat must go to Russell...I really do not see the benefit of keeping Bottas on now because Mercedes got two drivers who could be driving for them in Ocon and Russell. Another season at Williams aint going to help Russell if it is still at the back .

The other seat must go to Russell...I really do not see the benefit of keeping Bottas on now because Mercedes got two drivers who could be driving for them in Ocon and Russell. Another season at Williams aint going to help Russell if it is still at the back .
it has to be russell for me yes, russell in the final year of his williams contract & he said last year i signed for 3 years, i intend to honour the contract. i cant see him wanting to carry on at the back & as a "free agent" you know there will be many teams snapping him up

Paddock sources suggests Williams want an experienced driver who is a proven race winner and battled for championship and are in no hurry to make the announcement on their team

So that suggests only a few drivers on the grid fit that category and Bottas is one of those drivers

Russell put in another performance this week to show last week was not a one off

This article suggests this is how Capito at Williams will shape his driver line up and this on the back of suggesting Bottas only really has Williams if he gets dumped to consider

I saw Russell's tweet to Hamilton's new contract giving the thumbs up but yet to see Bottas' at the time

If you think who fits the bill on the grid

Raikkonen - this needs to retire clearly only in for the money now
Ricciardo - contracted to Mclaren
Alonso - still rusty and tied to Enstone and would cost a lot to get him out
Vettel - I doubt he would risk it now given 2022 Aston Martin may come good so no gain
Bottas - he has no other option if he was dropped but seriously consider the drive if Russell is picked by Toto

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom