2022 Silly season

I want to see Vettel in endurance racing. I'd love it if he won Le Mans especially in a competitive field and without his team hobbling their lead car.

:whistle:

Gasly to Alpine is a strong rumour, and he is supposed to have an out at Alpha Tauri if a "better" team offer him a drive.

I would like to see both Ricciardo and Vettel go off and try and win Le Mans and the Indy 500, just to rub Alonso's nose in it.

Gasly to Alpine is a strong rumour, and he is supposed to have an out at Alpha Tauri if a "better" team offer him a drive.
it makes sense for both parties as alpha tauri/toro rosso was supposed to be a development place not to sustain a career. you should be there 3 years max. his 1st race was in 2017 & spa will be his 88th at feeder team & by abu dhabi he will have as many races at a feeder team than jackie Stewart in his career.

makes Red Bull able to give there drivers more of a chance

it makes sense for both parties as alpha tauri/toro rosso was supposed to be a development place not to sustain a career. you should be there 3 years max. his 1st race was in 2017 & spa will be his 88th at feeder team & by abu dhabi he will have as many races at a feeder team than jackie Stewart in his career.

makes Red Bull able to give there drivers more of a chance
Gasly needs to have balls to say FU to Emperor Palatine and Karen because no one will have a career at Red Bull whilst they pander to Mad Max because Daddy Jos says so. Also has he not learnt from Kyvat and Vergne sticking around Alpha Tauri/ Toro Rosso ends their F1 career. What else does he need to do get into the main team given winning a race was what was required and he has the best AT/TR record

I am going to say that Flavio Briatore is the mastermind behind screwing Alpine - his ex employees and taking sweet revenge for being sacked for Crashgate

Will Ricciardo even have a seat in F1 for 2022?

I am not getting this apparent Mick Schumacher to Alpine rumours other than financially beneficial to Alpine.

If Alpine think Schumacher is a future world champion there is not enough evidence so far to prove it

alpine want a big name, & lets face it they are struggling to find someone, so i could see them trying to get mick Schumacher after all its how he got the Haas seat. yes he was F2 champion but nowhere near the standard Norris, Russell, Leclerc had set the years before. but he was a big name & Schumacher bring the publicity

although Jack Doohan. i think would be blessing in disguise. as yes a failure in recruitment but a he would be a great talent to see

Last edited:
If Alpine think that Alpine are future World Champions there is not enough evidence so far to prove it.

To that end, what does it matter who ends up drive for them?
It is baffling what Laurent Rossi is trying to do with the team. It does matter who drives for them if it makes sense but Schumacher does not but then Renault have done nothing since coming back as a team

alpine want a big name, & lets face it they are struggling to find someone, so i could see them trying to get mick Schumacher after all its how he got the Haas seat. yes he was F2 champion but nowhere near the standard Norris, Russell, Leclerc had set the years before. but he was a big name & Schumacher bring the publicity

although Jack Doohan. i think would be blessing in disguise. as yes a failure in recruitment but a he would be a great talent to see
If its purely marketing reasons then they ve got the wrong focus

I don't get why they are using the Alpine name anyway. Renault have been associated with F1 as a team and an engine manufacturer for over 40 years.

Alpine were better known in the rally world.

And after decades of them being called Al-Pine we now have to call them Al-Peen which I still can't get my head around.

I think they are trying to create a motor racing heritage for the Alpine brand beyond rallying. Hence why they have an entry in the Hypercar category in the WEC, despite it being an LMP2 car with a bigger engine.

I think they are trying to create a motor racing heritage
I agree with this but talk about complete waste of time.

Those who know motorsport know the different legacies of each name and those who don't know motorsport couldn't care less about the heritage.

Back
Top Bottom