Grand Prix 2022 Miami (USA SouthEast?) Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Back in the day we used to have two races in the US, the USA Grand Prix West, at Long Beach, and the US Grand Prix East, at Watkins Glen. Now we have a second GP in America, and with the Austin race being South, I have christened this the USA South East Grand Prix. You may choose to follow suit, or just call it the Miami Grand Prix.

This is the first race held in Miami, but just three hours away (still in Florida) is the location of the first American Grand Prix, Sebring. There was a race held there in 1959, which was won by Bruce McLaren in a Cooper-Climax. The track is still in operation, but presumably the location is not as attractive as Miami.

The circuit is 3.363 miles long and the race will last for 57 laps, so a little short of 200 mile "standard". Here's the layout, courtesy of the lovely people at SKY.

1651610465439.png

Here's an animated lap of the circuit.

And for those in the UK here are the race times.

1651610835251.png

My apologies if this is all a bit "factual", I'm struggling to build a great deal of enthusiasm. Let's hope the race proves me wrong and it's an absolute stonker.

Last edited:
Be interesting to hear from Mercedes because Russell finished ahead of Hamilton because of the SC no doubt . I would have thought they would hold station the fact they did not shows there are no team orders

One of my biggest issues is that Danica Patrick, who should be detracting from the boredom of the post race interviews, has turned up today wearing an old set of her mother's curtains. Very dissapointing.

And bless her, she hasn't worked out that no matter how many times you ask someone in F1 a straight question you will never get a straight answer.

when will Mercedes learn. i thought this risk adverse nature of the last 4 years being 1 of many factors that led to that fiasco happening. wouldve gone & might finally got them to roll the dice

but im with Hamilton. Mercedes have all the data,. share it with Lewis how he's supposed to make an informed decision. he asking how positions they'd lose & all of sudden they get terrified & tell him to stay out

One of my biggest issues is that Danica Patrick, who should be detracting from the boredom of the post race interviews, has turned up today wearing an old set of her mother's curtains. Very dissapointing.

And bless her, she hasn't worked out that no matter how many times you ask someone in F1 a straight question you will never get a straight answer.
Terrible outfit from Danica oh dear!

when will Mercedes learn. i thought this risk adverse nature of the last 4 years being 1 of many factors that led to that fiasco happening. wouldve gone & might finally got them to roll the dice

but im with Hamilton. Mercedes have all the data,. share it with Lewis how he's supposed to make an informed decision. he asking how positions they'd lose & all of sudden they get terrified & tell him to stay out

That was bizarre from Bono seeing Russell was coming in on the other side so why not call Hamilton in

Although the race lacked a little it was good to see a crowd so actively engaged with an F1 race in the US. However, my son said to me "you wait until they run an Indycar race around the same circuit, no one will come to the F1 again", which is probably very true.

The battle for 13th was fabulous though...

"you wait until they run an Indycar race around the same circuit, no one will come to the F1 again",
agree with that & it would be a brilliant circuit if indycar could race either on the schedule or in the week before

They would be slower but a much larger grid, therefore the spectacle from the spectators point of view would be greater, from a TV not much different. Bit like yacht racing when you're amongst it it is exciting but on TV boring, as David Coulthard said when he tried it "instant panic at walking pace"

i didnt realise until this weekend. how ill she's been. because of her self esteem issues & she thought that 🍈🍈 would help & she says that she got a form of poisoning through it

To my shame, I thought they were apples but it's just dawned on me that they are melons which ties in to the self esteem thing.

:embarrassed:

Back
Top Bottom