Grand Prix 2022 Miami (USA SouthEast?) Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Back in the day we used to have two races in the US, the USA Grand Prix West, at Long Beach, and the US Grand Prix East, at Watkins Glen. Now we have a second GP in America, and with the Austin race being South, I have christened this the USA South East Grand Prix. You may choose to follow suit, or just call it the Miami Grand Prix.

This is the first race held in Miami, but just three hours away (still in Florida) is the location of the first American Grand Prix, Sebring. There was a race held there in 1959, which was won by Bruce McLaren in a Cooper-Climax. The track is still in operation, but presumably the location is not as attractive as Miami.

The circuit is 3.363 miles long and the race will last for 57 laps, so a little short of 200 mile "standard". Here's the layout, courtesy of the lovely people at SKY.

1651610465439.png

Here's an animated lap of the circuit.

And for those in the UK here are the race times.

1651610835251.png

My apologies if this is all a bit "factual", I'm struggling to build a great deal of enthusiasm. Let's hope the race proves me wrong and it's an absolute stonker.

Last edited:
3rd time lucky for Martin Brundle with the Williams sisters

this gridwalk is madness its like monaco. absolutely packed

Last edited:
So on a scale of 1 to Valencia, how terrible a street circuit do we reckon this is?

I'm going with approximately "Sochi", as there's at last some stuff going on further down the order

I stopped watching the grid walk seasons ago. I couldn't give the tiniest of ****s what someone who couldn't name a driver in the team they've been invited to watch, thinks about F1.

Martin Brundle has really embraced the chaos after everything in austin. Mario andretti got a test drive in 2022 McLaren in austin

3rd time lucky interviewing Williams sisters

The great "Patrick Mahomes" interview

Forcing David Beckham to talk to him

& upset some massive social media influencer. that was arrogant & really upset when we had never heard of him

I'm going with approximately "Sochi
Agree with this. They did manage to sort the surface out enough so it wasn't too bad off line and it wasn't the yellow flag fest we thought it would be. It is though, another unmemorable, pointless track that is all about the location.

Back
Top Bottom