Grand Prix 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The Hungarian Grand Prix, a race so unloved that absolutely no one could be bothered to post a PQR thread about it until after P1 had already started.

A track that is often not as bad at providing interesting races as people remember it for.

A country that is now being run by a group of nutters.

The weekend is the legacy of a time when holding races in Eastern Europe was seen as a ground breaking thing to do.

That being said, with the country being run by lunatics, the West in a proxy war with Russia and Ferrari blowing up at every opportunity, it could almost be 1986 all over again.

The UK timings for the weekend if anyone is remotely bothered are as follows:

First Practice29 July13:00
Second Practice29 July16:00
Third Practice30 July12:00
Qualification30 July15:00
Race31 July14:00

Enjoy.

cider_and_toast in my annual watching of channel 4 last Saturday. i noticed that. im guessing it must be contractual. but it is strange because I cant imagine F1 fans after 10? years now, still dont know F1 is on sky
Shows how often I watch C4 F1 these days if they say it all the time then.

nice to see the old Ricciardo make an appearance
IMG_20220731_143946.jpg

brilliant drive from verstappen. only mansell has won from outside the 1st 2 rows. he was being helped hugely by Ferrari who love to shoot themselves in the foot & verstappen would be rude to not take advantage.

for the title, "they think its all over, it is now"

I hated Ferrari when they were winning everything and now I hate them because they can't win anything.

What an absolute shit show of a season by them.

Perez with 1 win is now only 5 points behind Lecerc (3 wins) and Mercedes with 0 wins are now only 30 points behind Ferrari (4 wins) in the constructors.

Can anyone else recall a time when a team has thrown away a championship so badly?

I fell asleep, not because it was dull, because I'm knackered after a hard week. Well done to Max, shows how bad the rest are when he can have a spin and still wipe the floor with them.

I hated Ferrari when they were winning everything and now I hate them because they can't win anything.

Perez with 1 win is now only 5 points behind Lecerc (3 wins) and Mercedes with 0 wins are now only 30 points behind Ferrari (4 wins) in the constructors.

Can anyone else recall a time when a team has thrown away a championship so badly?
This is embarrassing maybe Mclaren 2005 or 2007 or back to Williams 1986 comes as close. Even with a spin Verstappen still won

Last edited:

Can anyone else recall a time when a team has thrown away
i would say its almost laughable if i hadnt started laughing on lap 40. because its incredible how they keep finding new ways to lose. i said it in france to the Ferrari actually watch the race. because all the edivance before & during the race said dont go on the hards. & use the softs in the 1st or 2nd stint

& i was saying to my ferrari mate through messaging, trying my hardest to not laugh. he was all for sacking the entire strategy team. which you cant blame him. because they are lurching from 1 disaster to another for 15years i know of with what we cant forget the best car on the grid. leclerc been a position to win 7 of last 8 & for multiple reasons poor reliability, strategy or mistakes he's only won 1 of the 8 & tried their hardest to throw that 1 away. he should be 90pts ahead not 80 behind

this was great video

Last edited:
I don’t think Ferrari could have the car they have in the position it is without the sterling support of their deivers. The team can’t take all the credit for keeping them off Red Bull’s heels. Credit where credit’s due.

Red Bull - Great car, one strong driver, great tactician’s

Ferrari - Very good car, verging on great, one very quick driver who should not be the lead driver, tactician’s with head up arse

Mercedes - Pretty good car, improving, two strong drivers, tactician’s are doing their hair

As is always the case in F1, if the car is great, it doesn't really matter about tactics and drivers, to a large extent.

If the car is a second faster than the rest of the field then even a second tier driver will be able to finish on the podium.

It takes a lot of pressure off when you know you have the best car by a considerable margin.

Everyone else is forced into making mistakes to try and make up the deficit.

Back
Top Bottom