The potential champs
Carlos Sainz - My Dad did not race in F1
Max Verstappen - My Dad would have been champ if it was not for Schumacher

The time wasters and were :censored:
Paul Belmondo - My Dad is a racing driver - well when acting
Michael Andretti - I ' d rather stay at home
Nelson Piquet - I took my Dad's name
Bruno Senna - I took Ayrton 's name because everyone knows

I can t think of any drivers who had their father or uncle's name to leverage an F1 career

I'm not sure where your information is coming from F1Brits_90 but I've never had one F1 podium that'll own 3 a season. Thank you for believing in my talent though.

well your better than Bottas & Grosjean LOL

but you know what i mean. perez has been in mid to lower end machinery his whole career. bar this season & even the racing point been hit & miss. as i said because he is the only 1 that comparable in the modern F1. no one 2006 - 2013 said Rosberg, he's a future world champion. because he was in average machinery & struggling actually as between the 25 races of 2006 Spanish GP & 2007 british GP. Rosberg scored points twice. but he lucked into quality car & won the title in 2016

I think lucked into a quality car is not doing him justice. Unlike Perez, Rosberg was a champion at every level he drove at. He came into F1 with Williams who at that point had a terrible engine but still pulled off impressive results (including podiums). He then joined the new Mercedes team and helped develop what was a tyre eating monster into the ultimate car in the field.

Perez meanwhile has left a flood of mechanics telling stories of how much a dick he is to work with everywhere he went.

I think lucked into a quality car is not doing him justice. Unlike Perez, Rosberg was a champion at every level he drove at.

apart from his 2 years in F3 euro series & 2 attempts at the macau GP

alot like webber unless he was already there, i doubt rosberg wouldve been hired by title winning team. but once he got in he proved alot of people wrong & beat 1 of greatest drivers to world championship. you dont know what drivers can do until there in the situation. some thrive some crack. we will never know which 1 perez would be in

Well....yes....we will. He had half a glory season at Sauber - half way through that year he got his big break and signed for McLaren. He failed to finish another race for Sauber. He then went to McLaren and did not handle the pressure at all. He then returned to punchy little midfield teams where the pressure was not on to perform every week and started picking up good results again.

I think it's clear what type of driver Perez is.

Mercedes have got a B team with an experienced and young driver pairing. Could Stroll now be considered potentially the future of Mercedes?

I think Stroll at his best will be alright but never great. IMO, he just doesn't appear to have the killer instinct he needs to be WDC. Maybe he's just too nice a guy!

I've got a lot of respect for Nico Rosberg.

A dash of luck here, his elbows out there and straining every sinew for a season and he got a world title.

I can't think of another driver in F1 to win a world title in similar circumstances against a much better driver.

I think Stroll at his best will be alright but never great. IMO, he just doesn't appear to have the killer instinct he needs to be WDC. Maybe he's just too nice a guy!
I was just thinking the family dinner around the table in Stroll 'a house is going to get interesting especially if Lance wants a pay rise on par with Vettel and Lawrence has to explain to him why not

I think lucked into a quality car is not doing him justice. Unlike Perez, Rosberg was a champion at every level he drove at. He came into F1 with Williams who at that point had a terrible engine but still pulled off impressive results (including podiums). He then joined the new Mercedes team and helped develop what was a tyre eating monster into the ultimate car in the field.

Perez meanwhile has left a flood of mechanics telling stories of how much a dick he is to work with everywhere he went.
Curious to say this about Perez because it's the first I have heard of this but then again things are going to get nasty at Racing Point as they have said Perez knew talks were happening with Vettel

RasputinLives I think he did change his attitude a bit once he joined Force India but I am sure all the nastiness will come out now .

I think the problem was everyone overhyped him from Gp2 champ and in his 2nd race he could have won until he went off chasing Alonso so they raved he could be a Ferrari driver then Mclaren thought he was worthy to replace Hamilton which must have been an ego boost for him.

The only time he has been a dick is when racing against Ocon and crashing into him.

-----------------------------------

On a different note Vettel 's contract apparently is multi year so someone is paying a lot for him:whistle:. The interesting thing will be whether he can rebuild his career and reputation after his spell at Ferrari has ended on a bad note.

Many haven't recovered including Alonso so will Vettel?

I've got a lot of respect for Nico Rosberg.

A dash of luck here, his elbows out there and straining every sinew for a season and he got a world title.

I can't think of another driver in F1 to win a world title in similar circumstances against a much better driver.

i said above Nico rosberg, beat 1 of greatest drivers to race in F1 to world championship. & it is up there in achievement. espically in these passing years, where bottas struggling to beat Lewis in consecutive races nevermind over a season. but he will admit, like i do with Sheffield United. when we are up against Arsenal Chelsea Man Utd/City. we need to get under their skin & try to off put. as all things equal we dont have a shot. he managed to find a way to get on top of Hamilton which only button had managed

but what i was saying is that any point between 2006 - 2011 i dont remember anyone rating Rosberg as a future world champion. alot like perez he was very good driver in a bunch of midfield teams. cant forget that until he won in his 7th season he'd only been on his podium 5 times 3 of them weren't on merit they taking advantage of others misfortune

also perez i think has admitted that on the beyond the grid & that since he returned to force India he has matured. because his F1 career was very close to the end in 2013 & realised how fortunate he was

He didn't win GP2. He came second behind Pastor Maldonado.
Whoops

I did remember those two that seem to have a bit of a hated rivalry when they both got into F1 - they always seem to hit each other whenever they went wheel to wheel and people were saying Perez had better potential

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom