Grand Prix 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

i had a bit of time so i thought i would give it ago.

the 1st ever Saudi Arabian GP, it feels weird to be this far into the year & we still arent into the finale. into context lewis debut season in 2007, the penultimate race was on 6th october. but we are on the final leg for what has been 1 of most enjoyable seasons for many a year (to be fair its a low bar) & arguably the best rivalry since Hakkinen/Schumacher 23 years ago. some cracking racing between the 2 title contenders. alot of controversy along the way. the momentum like a rollercoaster as at times Hamilton & Verstappen have looked like they were heavy favourites only for it to swing the other way by the next race or in space of 24 hours. really looking forward to see which way it swings again.

Saudi Arabia like the middle east is trying to move away from their reliance on oil to generate income & are using sport to rebrand themselves or as some critics call it sportwashing but for legal reasons i may leave that alone. LOL but they have spent big hosting Joshua V Ruiz heavyweight rematch, Formula E, Dakar Rally, Spanish + Italian Super cups, Fifa World Club Cup, the worlds richest horse race, Golf, Asian games in the future & the F1. then surrounding areas hosting the 20/20 cricket world cup , potential bids for both the world cup & Olympics

it will be the 1st time that F1 has raced at back to back new venues outside of Europe as prior 2 times 1959 Germany/Portugal & 1970 Germany/Austria. its a miracle that their is a race on at all because it has been a race against time to say the least. 5 weeks ago it looked more like the pictures of 1 year to go not 1 month go

1st November 2021

IMG_20211201_131901.jpg

1st December 2021
IMG_20211201_130030.jpg

the circuit looks like a real challenge, its high speed, imagine baku without the twisty middle sector. it could be carnage because you make a mistake your hitting the wall at 150mph. i would expect safety car or 2 & that unpredictability not good for Lewis Hamilton at the moment because is imperative that he finishes ahead of max verstappen otherwise the title would get very tough

Finally the 1st GP since Frank Williams passing what a man what a motorsport icon. who will be missed & hopefully they will have a moments silence for him. before the race

Last edited:
Trouble is that there were so many incidents, it is difficult to pick the bones out of it all. It will be interesting to see what happens later today. The off track/incidents has taken the focus off what was a very shit race in real terms!
To be honest if you look the main talking will be Verstappen 's driving because he is prepared to crash , take sort cuts and cheap shots and the stewards are too weak.. not doing anything about Brazil has lead to this

Do the rules not state that you must give back the position, and not immediately re-take it? clarified from Belgium 2008. Verstappen letting Hamilton past at the DRS line (and retaking him immediately after letting him through) surely is not relinquishing the advantage gained

And tried to immediately take it back again. I must admit, I lost track of all the "give it backs" but it was only the final one where I can remember Max giving the position without trying immediately to get it back, that time it was because Lewis forced him wide at the last corner.

What a rotten race. This track simply isn't suitable for any kind of motor racing, let alone F1.
I think it's rotten due to the poor use of the safety car and decision making even restart 1..that was bound to happen with a first corner like that

The kerbs do look like they are in the wrong places

Verstappen made the headlines for the wrong reasons they really need to step in to stop him doing short cuts deliberately to put other drivers in danger

It’s interesting that both are being cited under 2(d) of chapter iv. If they were worried about brake-testing, that would normally be 2(e).
It's more Verstappen 's side whether he drove dangerously and putting Hamilton at risk.

Don't think anything will happen apart from finally a warning about his driving

apologies im watching in delay.

but ive been defended Verstappen alot this season. but that move on lap 38 was downright disgraceful, stupidly dangerous & should be chucked out of the race. deserving of black flag if ive seen it. if that was mazepin we would be screaming murder

Max is out of control.

A petulant child in a car capable of over 200mph is a danger that goes beyond a sporting contest.

He should get at least a 5 place grid penalty and told one more transgression and he's out for a season.

He will kill someone.

Back
Top Bottom