2020 Silly Season

Renault never offers the drive to Perez. There is nothing ever concrete about that. Renault signing Perez was a favourite story of journalists for years with no basis of facts.

RasputinLives Ruslan

I think you will find having $10- $20m US dollars comes in handy to any team not at the front which is what Perez 's Mexican sponsors can bring. It certainly swayed Mclarens decision in signing him so they can pay for Mercedes engines. With Renault they were not spending enough to be a big team again

Last edited:
Sergio Perez says he rejected a move. Just like Alonso has said he rejected a Red Bull seat and Whrelein says he Def has a drive for this season.

I think I've said to you on multiple occasions that Perez link to Ferrari ended when he left their junior program to join McLaren.

the year that Perez probably turned down Renault was the year palmer got a 2nd season. because i remember they asked & got turned down by every racing driver before they got to palmer

I think I've said to you on multiple occasions that Perez link to Ferrari ended when he left their junior program to join McLaren.
I think everyone would probably agree but tell that to Sergio who is still deluded to think he can drive for Ferrari and having his Mexican backers to try and give him a seat

Last edited:
I think everyone would probably agree but tell that to Sergio who is still deluded to think he can drive for Ferrari and having his Mexican backers to try and give him a seat

You really think so? It seems to me Sergio is well invested into being at Force India and that became clear more than ever during the crisis last year. He even said so in one of the news you linked earlier:

"When you have no chance at Ferrari or Mercedes, I think Force India is a very interesting option"

As he says, he has no chance at a Ferrari seat at this point - and this was clear ever since they began grooming Leclerc for joining the team.

HansyRod He held out at Force India because he believed he had a chance of getting the Ferrari drive with his backers but the ship has sailed . The closest he will get to drive for Ferrari is for Haas.

Not sure Force India or Racing Point can get to the front taking on the big three and then you have Mclaren, Renault and Alfa to go up against

The rumors appear to indicate that there is a grand shift going on with Bottas staying at Mercedes, Ocon going to Renault, Hulkenberg going to Haas and Grosjean going who knows where. We shall see what actually happens.

Grosjean will be going out of F1 I would imagine. I can't see who else is going to give him a drive if Haas show him the door. It's likely they will I would say. As for the others, it makes sense.

I wonder how many times Ricciardo has kicked himself for signing with Renault the way he did. They sure haven't shown the kind of form he seemed to think they would,

I don't believe the Renault/Ocon rumours to be honest as they've had multiple chances to take him on (both before and after he was attached to Merc) and chosen not too. Hulk to Haas I can see happening but I bet he comes at a higher price than RoGro and KMag.

this is a provisional 2020 Calendar, ive seen on twitter released

CTA.jpg

The rumors appear to indicate that there is a grand shift going on with Bottas staying at Mercedes, Ocon going to Renault, Hulkenberg going to Haas and Grosjean going who knows where. We shall see what actually happens.

Latest version of the rumors is Grosjean going to Formula E. But the rumors are gathering strength. Hulkenberg says they should be announced at Spa, so it sounds like everything is settled, we just don't know for certain what they have settled on.

If Grosjean is going to Formula E then he'll.leave before the end of the F1 season. First race of the next Formula E season is November - F1 doesn't finish until December.

Bottas is confirmed at Mercedes, maybe surprising but then is wolff thinking Ocon really perfrom that much better than Bottas to change a harmionous team, but I doubt this is in equal number 1 status. he will assume Irvine Barrichello role straight away because he is capable of challenging for a title, but only max could challenge lewis at this current time

Toto's little signing on bonus secured early this year.

I await the Ocon/Formula E announcement with baited breath.

Bottas staying makes sense in a lot of ways, he's playing the same kind of role that Kimi did at Ferrari, it makes for a harmonious team, he has his days when he's really on it but for the most part he does as he's told and doesn't get in the way of Hamilton going for the title. If it ain't broke and all that....

Back
Top Bottom