2019 Race ratings

F1Brits_90

World Champion
here we the rating for all the 2019 races. some which I found quite surprising because Bahrain was 5th best grand prix of the season rated by us far ahead of Hungary & Italy which came 6th & 7th. If you asked for a highlight I would've put them 2 races on a par with Austria & Britain as races I enjoyed very much but we rated them only slightly better than Japanese GP. Much Derided Monaco finished 9th.

onto the other end of the scale France no surprise was the worst of the season. (if not worse top 5 worse of the decade) no surprise Spain featured no better & we finished the season with the 3rd worst race of the season. surprisingly a race which in my opinion with a bit of intrigue on track & off track in Russia rated quite so low as the 6th worst. actually Europe in total is bit weird season because 5 of top 7 races were in Europe but also 4 of the worst 6 were in Europe Monaco was only 1 in middle ground

Australia - 4.55-------------- Hungary - 6.61
Bahrain - 7.29------------- - Belgium - N/A
China - 3.36 ----------------- Italy - 6.60
Azerbaijan - 3.28------------Singapore - 4.41
Spain - 3.20 ----------------- Russia - 3.83
Monaco - 5.26 -------------- Japan - 6.23
Canada - 4.61 --------------- Mexico - 4.71
France - 2.95 ---------------- USA - 5.23
Austria - 8.33 --------------- Brazil - 7.56
Britain - 8.16 ---------------- Abu Dhabi - 3.23
Germany - 8.68

2019 average of 5.41

Top 5
Germany 8.68
Austria 8.33
Britain 8.16
Brazil 7.56
Bahrain 7.29

Worst 5
France 2.95
Spain 3.20
Abu Dhabi 3.23
Azerbaijan 3.28
China 3.36

Last edited:
Now the interesting comparison would be to look at how they all rate year after year. Does some tracks consistently produce better races or it is just simply random (or driven by the weather).

Now the interesting comparison would be to look at how they all rate year after year. Does some tracks consistently produce better races or it is just simply random (or driven by the weather).

off the top of my head i think Azerbaijan won the last 2 years i think. but then 2019 is rated similar to Spain & Abu Dhabi

Interesting stats. I assume we didn't have a vote on Belgium then which is a shame. I note that Bahrain got into the top 5, that was the only one of the 'newer' tracks which did well, the others are classic tracks. Azerbaijan has produced some interesting races so I'm surprised it was in the bottom 5 this year.

Mind you that is just how we rated them, other sites might have rated them differently.

1575412562056.png

The more voters the less the spread to affect the average.

If 5 race fans voted a race, out of 6, 6+5+2+2+2 the average would be 3.4

If 3 of us voted a race out of 6, 6+2+1 the average would be 3.

Even though more people thought the race was below average the 1 additional race fan voter resulted in it being point 4 higher than our vote making it seem like they all thought it was better.

I notice on the other site how the amount of people bothering to rate the races dropped off to some degree, apart from Brazil which was a pretty good race as both sites agreed.

It's amazing, but...
the "best" and "worst" races of the 2019 season are now the first
in their rankings for 12 years (since 2008)
1575752276609.png

1575752378277.png

Back
Top Bottom