Grand Prix 2019 Mexico Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
if that is the case then lewis could wrap it up, because anything could happen. but in the dry I don't see lewis finish that big enough of a gap to wrap up this weekend

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
also could we see a return of stupid games the engineers play. in qualifying on that huge start straight

& interesting fact that at his young age, if max verstappen wins this weekend he will be the most successful driver at mexican gp

Last edited:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
with it being a successful track for red bull & alex albon. when the last race that driver stood on podium for 1st time. i keep thinking about lance stroll in baku 2017. but i feel i might be wrong

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Weather might play a bigger than usual role this weekend with scattered thunderstorm forecast for Mexico City on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
looking at hourly forecast & seems like we might be having a dry start then into some rain which progressively get worse as the day goes on

olegg

Race Winner
There is not official result for qualification yet.
Someone improved his result under yellow flag

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Given that this is the second time that Verstappen has been caught doing this, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the stewards throw the book at him.

sobriety

Pole Sitter
If Bottas stuffed it in the wall before Verstappen went through there, then he's in trouble. It's one thing not slowing, it something else going purple under them!

Edit: Sky reporting a 3 place grid penalty for Verstappen, what a numpty.

Last edited:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
it was a cracking lap by verstappen because with the straight line advantage Ferrari have. shows how great it was in corners. but annoyingly that was a slam dunk penalty. because it was as clear as day that verstappen was in trouble because live i saw the yellow flag on the vettel onboard. so i knew it would be still out. this is as much of blame on red bull pitwall because he was last man so when bottas crashed he was on his way to stadium. they shouldve told him to abandon the lap because no one was going to be allowed to improve.

the accident was a nasty one & not surprised that bottas was winded. a real thud. glad he was ok. on the others sainz very impressive 7th place. showing that renault was the anomley & this is real form. perez in the pound seat 11th chance of some great points & a bigger pit window if forecast is correct & chance of rain get bigger as race goes on

i hate saying this because it is an incredible story & inspiration to comeback to F1. but it would be worse to treat Kubica because of what he is. but in hindsight he shouldve done Australia & finished the story there left someone else for rest of the season. we wouldve said what a fairytale but now in mexico 17 rounds later. i feel its very sad now because he's just got outquaified by his teammate by 1.3secs. the same gap as Leclerc to Norris

Top Bottom