Grand Prix 2019 Japanese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion.

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
apart from that in European races it wouldn't be able to fit in because you have the 2 F3 & F2 races in the morning. I disagree I think for tv audiences as well it works because for like me id probally end up not watching qualifying because I don't have the time in such a cramped schedule. (im talking UK as I don't know other countries) because in races like Australia China Japan Vietnam, used to be Malaysia. . if you've got qualifying at 1am - 3am & the race at 6am - 8am. we are likely to just wake up early watch the race skip qualifying
Well that's easy. You just run both sets of races on the Saturday either side of the F1 practice session (which we'd limit to two). You've then cut a whole day off a Grand Prix weekend saving teams potentially millions of pounds.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Well that's easy. You just run both sets of races on the Saturday either side of the F1 practice session (which we'd limit to two). You've then cut a whole day off a Grand Prix weekend saving teams potentially millions of pounds.
but where would F2 F3 practice & qualifying go. there not just going to turn up & race

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
8:30 F3 Quali
9:15 F2 Quali
10:00 FP1 (back to an hour)
11:15 F3 race 1
12:15 F2 race 1
13:45 FP2
15:00 F3 race 2
16:00 F2 race 2

F3 don't practice anyways so all you're losing is F2 practice and limiting F1 practice. If you don't want to lose that then just run F2 sprint race between Quali and race on Sunday.

Sorry for going off topic!

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Yep. Have water, non-perish food, batteries, flashlights and secured the cars and house.
Mother nature, let's get it over with !:please:
You should probably set up a typhoon/hurricane thread and give us hourly updates. I have been the edge of couple of hurricanes but always got out of the way.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
You should probably set up a typhoon/hurricane thread and give us hourly updates. I have been the edge of couple of hurricanes but always got out of the way.
agree on that as ive seen pictures on twitter looks horrendous. alot of devastation & see a video of japanese rugby team having to wade through knee high water to get training pitch

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
I'm not sure Radical F1 is going to be visiting here, he's got too much going on. I hope he won't mind me telling you that he has let me know he's had to leave his house as he's worried it's going to flood. So he's safe for now thank goodness. I will let him know you're all thinking of him though :)

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
It's Suzuka. I'm staying up for quali. Couple of hours kip then up for the race. Come on who's with me?

Top Bottom